Preloader 3 weeks in and a few comments and ?'s

LKLND3380

I Don't know why but I just started as an unloader about a month ago and they started me off at 9.50:tongue_sm and the other 5 guys that came in with me all make 8.50. Has anyone else gotten hooked up like this? Is this just a goof up in payroll?

Is your pay rate 8.50 or 9.50? The supes can adjust your pay at any time and for each day...

on your pay check it may read as
CURRENT PAY RATE 8.50
BUT the next line may read as
REGULAR 9.50
UPS SCHOOL 9.50
UPS SCHOOL 14.75

LKLND3380

Are you loading a package car? Sorting? What skilled job are you doing that you would be making 9.50? Some people think because they work the preload and throw out of the back of the feeder they are skilled. Labels up:lol:

You need to put in your 30 days before you can join the union..
Under Deductions you will see:
INIT FEE 19.00 (Union Initiation Fee)
UNIONDUE 8.50 (Union Dues)
DRIVE 1.00 (If you sign up for Teamsters DRIVE)

Dues here are based on houly rate so

week 1
INIT FEE 19.00 (Union Initiation Fee)

week 2

week 3
UNIONDUE 4.25 (Union Dues)

Last edited:
S

sdsadas

if your an unloader try and switch to another job as soon as possible. It gets payed the least and is the most work(if your supervisors care about trailer times.)

if your an unloader try and switch to another job as soon as possible. It gets payed the least and is the most work(if your supervisors care about trailer times.)

I hear you!!! My supe does care about unloading trailers quickly too, he told me once "when I was a loader I used to load as many trucks as you guys unload" Its alright though, I've learned to tell him off and just go at my own pace. But I do want to move to something better, I asked a week ago to get a Sort Aisle packet but he's been dragging his feet about it giving me all sorts of BS excuses. I'm about 5 days away from getting seniority, who do I need to talk to about getting a different job? I would ask my supe but hes an idiot and I feel like I'm just wasting my time asking him anything. I feel like I would get better advice from someone here.

LKLND3380

I hear you!!! My supe does care about unloading trailers quickly too, he told me once "when I was a loader I used to load as many trucks as you guys unload" Its alright though, I've learned to tell him off and just go at my own pace. But I do want to move to something better, I asked a week ago to get a Sort Aisle packet but he's been dragging his feet about it giving me all sorts of BS excuses. I'm about 5 days away from getting seniority, who do I need to talk to about getting a different job? I would ask my supe but hes an idiot and I feel like I'm just wasting my time asking him anything. I feel like I would get better advice from someone here.

you are five days from senority.... Just be cool and play nice for the next six days... Find out where bid sheets are and put your name on all the bid sheets...