Preloaders crap

4th gen member
$25 an hour for preload starting out is absurd. With that being said there are so many things working against preloaders. The supervisors don't know how to preload properly because they've never drove a route so the employee pretty much learns by trial and error getting cussed out by an angry driver every morning or taught by another preloader whose never drove a route. If you do get a good loader chances are they've given him four trucks with little to no early pull, cut his start time an hour, and expects him to pull 1000 pieces in between the splits dispatch brings to pull off one truck you've already loaded and onto the one next to it. Add on the fact management doesn't provide adequate amounts of markers/tape guns.

I've had drivers tell me never do x and y but the driver next to them will say why arent you doing x and y with my load. Lately dispatch will come and cut a 300 piece truck you've loaded at the very end of the day and try to shove it on multiple different routes that are already loaded and :censored2:ed. 5000's blown out? here's 50 giant boxes from this route that got cut right before you clock out. They make it as hard as possible to give a good quality load. The moment you go to scratch your nuts they want you to go help someone else or do irregs. Driving is 10x worse tho.

BobJ

$25 an hour for preload starting out is absurd. With that being said there are so many things working against preloaders. The supervisors don't know how to preload properly because they've never drove a route so the employee pretty much learns by trial and error getting cussed out by an angry driver every morning or taught by another preloader whose never drove a route. If you do get a good loader chances are they've given him four trucks with little to no early pull, cut his start time an hour, and expects him to pull 1000 pieces in between the splits dispatch brings to pull off one truck you've already loaded and onto the one next to it. Add on the fact management doesn't provide adequate amounts of markers/tape guns.

I've had drivers tell me never do x and y but the driver next to them will say why arent you doing x and y with my load. Lately dispatch will come and cut a 300 piece truck you've loaded at the very end of the day and try to shove it on multiple different routes that are already loaded and :censored2:ed. 5000's blown out? here's 50 giant boxes from this route that got cut right before you clock out. They make it as hard as possible to give a good quality load. The moment you go to scratch your nuts they want you to go help someone else or do irregs. Driving is 10x worse tho.

We have drivers that come in at 7am to re-organize their cars (unpaid). Many will give their pre-loaders breakfast if there wasn't a misload the previous day.

Drivers are making more than twice the pre-loader; sometimes you have to invest that money in them.

Zowert

How can you blame preload, they’re not the first ones to touch those boxes. I get your frustration though, being the ‘face of the company’ and having to deliver beat up boxes to our customers. What really sucks is having to deliver signature required stuff that looks destroyed and likely is. “I need you to sign for this package we turned into a pile of crap that you likely spent a lot of money on.”

PT Car Washer

How can you blame preload, they’re not the first ones to touch those boxes. I get your frustration though, being the ‘face of the company’ and having to deliver beat up boxes to our customers. What really sucks is having to deliver signature required stuff that looks destroyed and likely is. “I need you to sign for this package we turned into a pile of crap that you likely spent a lot of money on.”
Management failure. Failure to train new preloaders. Failure to train preload trainers. Failure to adequately staff the operation. Failure to provide enough time for the operation. Just as soon as things start running close to well, they cut hours and cut employees. New employees get frustrated and quit which puts more pressure on PT sups who quit. All part of the plan. Nobody wants to work anymore for a minimum wage Union job so they don't deserve anymore money.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Management failure. Failure to train new preloaders. Failure to train preload trainers. Failure to adequately staff the operation. Failure to provide enough time for the operation. Just as soon as things start running close to well, they cut hours and cut employees. New employees get frustrated and quit which puts more pressure on PT sups who quit. All part of the plan. Nobody wants to work anymore for a minimum wage Union job so they don't deserve anymore money.
management train ? 😂😂😂😂
they’re all lazy scum , which explains all the injuries and accidents we’ve been having.
🧔‍♂️✊