Preloaders crap

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Preloaders gonna go from loading 3 trucks to 6 for all the money they got now
Ohhhh yeah …they installed this motor that makes the belt go faster already in our center.

Or hopefully it makes them hire people and they go back to 3.5 hrs a day again lol
🧔‍♂️✊

UPSER1987

$25 an hour for preload starting out is absurd. With that being said there are so many things working against preloaders. The supervisors don't know how to preload properly because they've never drove a route so the employee pretty much learns by trial and error getting cussed out by an angry driver every morning or taught by another preloader whose never drove a route. If you do get a good loader chances are they've given him four trucks with little to no early pull, cut his start time an hour, and expects him to pull 1000 pieces in between the splits dispatch brings to pull off one truck you've already loaded and onto the one next to it. Add on the fact management doesn't provide adequate amounts of markers/tape guns.

I've had drivers tell me never do x and y but the driver next to them will say why arent you doing x and y with my load. Lately dispatch will come and cut a 300 piece truck you've loaded at the very end of the day and try to shove it on multiple different routes that are already loaded and :censored2:ed. 5000's blown out? here's 50 giant boxes from this route that got cut right before you clock out. They make it as hard as possible to give a good quality load. The moment you go to scratch your nuts they want you to go help someone else or do irregs. Driving is 10x worse tho.
Don’t listen to drivers about their loads. They complain about everything. Most couldn’t hack being a preloader either and got “promoted “ to a full time driver without even mastering their part time job.

Brown Circus

Shh...It’s peak and I’m hunting logic
Don’t listen to drivers about their loads. They complain about everything. Most couldn’t hack being a preloader either and got “promoted “ to a full time driver without even mastering their part time job.
Hold on there turbo! I don’t know of any drivers in my building who are incapable of loading but I can tell you that there is a large portion of loaders that take one look at the truck at the end of the shift and think…..

Its_a_me

Do they really deserve 25$ ?
Do you?

You hand those to a PT clerk to fix or damage out.

Funny pointing out others mistakes when all you do is give them to someone else to fix.

Did pushing the damage button on the DIAD really inconvenience you?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Hold on there turbo! I don’t know of any drivers in my building who are incapable of loading but I can tell you that there is a large portion of loaders that take one look at the truck at the end of the shift and think…..
I've definately had some "wow this car load is awful moments" where I loaded the car, and also this was 3 weeks ago.

BobJ

When I was a PTer during peak...

They told me to help the Center preload after I had finished my Hub job. The supervisor assigned me a truck that was trashed; where they were just throwing stuff into it as they walked by. No one told me what to do (this was before PAL labels). It was the mall truck.

So I loaded the package car like I did a trailer. Floor to ceiling with walls.

When the driver arrived he looked at it and laughed. I clocked out and left before finding out what happened. They never sent me back to help.

Staydryitsraining

We have drivers that come in at 7am to re-organize their cars (unpaid). Many will give their pre-loaders breakfast if there wasn't a misload the previous day.

Drivers are making more than twice the pre-loader; sometimes you have to invest that money in them.
We have a ton of :censored2:ing losers who work for free here also.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Management failure. Failure to train new preloaders. Failure to train preload trainers. Failure to adequately staff the operation. Failure to provide enough time for the operation. Just as soon as things start running close to well, they cut hours and cut employees. New employees get frustrated and quit which puts more pressure on PT sups who quit. All part of the plan. Nobody wants to work anymore for a minimum wage Union job so they don't deserve anymore money.
Looks like the Ol ban hammer got dropped again
Lmao