Preloaders - what's your second/third job?

GenericUsername

We have a guy in our center who has his own lawnmower repair business. He does his preload work then goes to his appointments. He has contracts with Aaron's and a few other places which pay pretty good. He showed me a check for a repair that he did that was $230. It took him 45 minutes each way of travel and 15 minutes to fix the issue, but since it was a contract he had with the company, they had to pay him some over the top number. He was saying how he cleared over $120k last year from this setup of his and how he's going to retire at 45 years old. He's only 37 now.

Me personally, I don't have a second job as I stay at home with my child after work while my lady goes to work. That should change here pretty soon with season starting as I'll put her into daycare and find a second job by the end of January. Not sure yet what it'll be, but we'll make it work.

HardknocksUPSer

I work as a picker/packager at a carbide company, I pull and pick orders and pack them so they're ready for shipment. I work preload 3-9 and go from preload to my second job from 9-5.

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
I've wondered what some do/work to bring in extra income as well. I have applied for jobs the last two months but haven't had much luck on anything that works around my UPS hours. I'm hoping to find a newspaper or phone book delivery job to make extra $$$$.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've wondered what some do/work to bring in extra income as well. I have applied for jobs the last two months but haven't had much luck on anything that works around my UPS hours. I'm hoping to find a newspaper or phone book delivery job to make extra $$$$.

Lawn care and construction are jobs that can work around your UPS schedule.

StoptheAct1212

Back in the day as a preloader. I worked a few jobs on the side, all legit hardworking jobs. I actually made some good money back then.....