Preloaders who have Orion.

wayfair

swollen member
HAHA.....really? You expect 50pcs in one section to be in complete order?

Hopefully you don't say that to your loader.

did I say complete order??? I typed in, "at least try"

I don't tell the loader, he's gone by the time I get there and I know it's not his decision or "plan" to have that many pieces/deliveries to be loaded per section.. I talk/inform the dispatcher and let my on cars know what a sheety decision it is to put that much work in a limited space

J

jibbs

did I say complete order??? I typed in, "at least try"

That's the goal with ORION.

...We fail to meet that goal fairly often.

Hardknocks, best advice with this BS I have for you is to try to get put on the same pull every day so you can learn the trucks. Writing PAL #'s becomes near worthless once you're familiar enough with the way you need to build each load.

Worse comes to worst? Learn how to peel a PAL label off and reapply it while you carry and load a package. Load the package, slap the PAL on the outward-facing side. They want 4 numbers? :censored2: it, peel-and-reapply PALs and give them entire addresses and everybody wins.

It's not as tricky as some people make it out to be, those with fat fingers notwithstanding....

Back first

As a driver who recently took a 22.2 preload job (going back driving first chance I get). Preload is hard work, I load 4 PC's. i try and load like a driver. I will never complain about all the work on my PC after working preload. Imo preload is much harder than driving.

HardknocksUPSer

As a driver who recently took a 22.2 preload job (going back driving first chance I get). Preload is hard work, I load 4 PC's. i try and load like a driver. I will never complain about all the work on my PC after working preload. Imo preload is much harder than driving.
Orion has made my job hell, I'm expected to load my 5 cars daily at 1200-1300 peices a day. Not on a boxline, I'm in a belt to car center so I'm force fed all of the volume, I'm expected to write all 4 numbers of the PAL on EVERY single box, roll, also expected to right RDL and RDR on every box. It's gotten crazy stupid.

iDontWorkAtUps

Orion has made my job hell, I'm expected to load my 5 cars daily at 1200-1300 peices a day. Not on a boxline, I'm in a belt to car center so I'm force fed all of the volume, I'm expected to write all 4 numbers of the PAL on EVERY single box, roll, also expected to right RDL and RDR on every box. It's gotten crazy stupid.
I never write RDL/RDR on a box unless its on the shelf above it

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Yes,yes you did.
They do it for the same reason we have to write the last four numbers on the ond sheet.
Loaders don't look at the actual address label at all unfortunately. I don't want to agree with Dave and I hate you for making me. But no , loaders don't look at actual address label at all. Just the pall. Unfortunately. When I ask a simple question of where pkg is going. They have no clue. I say the address. They look at me like a deer in headlights.

Loaders don't look at the actual address label at all unfortunately. I don't want to agree with Dave and I hate you for making me. But no , loaders don't look at actual address label at all. Just the pall. Unfortunately. When I ask a simple question of where pkg is going. They have no clue. I say the address. They look at me like a deer in headlights.
When they write the numbers its to show that they looked at the label.

Whatever.

iDontWorkAtUps

We get counted as a misload on our sheets if there is a flip or address labels don't match. They tell us to circle address on label and pal.. atleast check em. Atleast on our belt.

Box Ox

I will never complain about all the work on my PC after working preload. Imo preload is much harder than driving.

Absolutely this. I'm on both sides as well. Drivers who never preloaded, preloaded briefly or preloaded in the past should understand that if a permanent PTer gives them a bad load, it probably wasn't because they weren't trying. These days preloaders get drilled very heavily (even more so than just a few years ago) and can't control how it's managed to the extent drivers can manage their work.

Choosing between one or the other, I'd take a day on the road over preload every time.