Previously employed?

fire350

Hi,

In 2002, UPS purchased the company I worked for and called it UPS Supply Chain Solutions. In 2003 I resigned on good terms to work in another field. Recently, I applied for employment at UPS "brown" and was kicked out of the UPS online application area because I was previously employeed with UPS and am currently no eligible for rehire. Can someone help me with this? At the time I worked for UPS-SCS, they were two separate companies that had nothing to do with each other. Now all I want to do is get my foot in the door at UPS moving packages. I tried to call UPS but, I can't find a number for HR in Atlanta.

Thanks,

Jonathan

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The local Atlanta phone number to UPS Corporate is 404-828-6000. This is the switchboard, maybe they can direct you to the right people. I work at UPS Parcel in the same city you used to, and we hire people all the time. Did you work at UPS SCS at 5346 Hwy 85 or over on Kennedy Rd? Just being nosy, sometimes I deliver EAMs to both places.

toeknee2gx

UPS-SCS is a subsidiary and your negative re-hire status will affect you at both companies. VERY VERY VERY rarely have I seen someone get a NEG-Rehire status changed in my district.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
UPS-SCS is a subsidiary and your negative re-hire status will affect you at both companies. VERY VERY VERY rarely have I seen someone get a NEG-Rehire status changed in my district.

fire350 posted that he "resigned on good terms to go work in another field". If he didn't sign anything saying he would never work for UPS again, then I don't understand why he is ineligible for rehire. I deliver EAMs to that particular SCS building, and the warehouse in back doesn't have that much work, but it looks like they run a Telephone Center up front. My HUb is about two miles away, we have a tour of new hires come through at least once a week. We have a big turnover, and the wait to go Cover Driving doesn't look very long.

Big Babooba

fire350 posted that he "resigned on good terms to go work in another field". If he didn't sign anything saying he would never work for UPS again, then I don't understand why he is ineligible for rehire. I deliver EAMs to that particular SCS building, and the warehouse in back doesn't have that much work, but it looks like they run a Telephone Center up front. My HUb is about two miles away, we have a tour of new hires come through at least once a week. We have a big turnover, and the wait to go Cover Driving doesn't look very long.
I do not like the idea of online applications. Find out when they are taking aps and apply in person. I resigned on good terms in 1978. I came back in 1979.

toeknee2gx

His resignation (in this case) has nothing to do with his re-hire status. That is at the discretion of the SUP or Manager he worked for. When they did his seperation paperwork, there is a little box they check for REHIRE Y or N. We dont know why his rehire status is NEG. There could be a number of reasons....Gotta ask whoever he previously worked for.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
When they did his seperation paperwork, there is a little box they check for REHIRE Y or N.

That's right. I still remember this, too. I left UPS on December 30, 2004 on a school transfer. The retention supe printed out a form, signed and checked a couple boxes before handing it to me. She said, "Read through this and make sure its right." I shrugged and did. I was nearing the bottom of the sheet when I saw the field "Re-hire Status." She had checked NEGATIVE! I said, "Wait a second. What's this about "No-Rehire?" She took the paper, looked and said, "Whoops. Not a big deal. I'll check the POSITIVE re-hire status." I was concerned it would be entered into the system as a negative re-hire. She printed out a new form and checked the appropriate boxes. I've been a UPS'er--this time--since January of 2007......for now. -Rocky

fire350

OK Now for the latest status. The manager I left was a good personal friend of mine. Recently, UPS HR has spoken with them and is in the process of making my status re-hirable. I asked my friend/fmr manager and he said he never checked a non-rehire able mark, apparently, at the time I left UPS-SCS the system and paperwork defaulted to no-rehire.

Wish me luck.......

fire350

Update!! I start as a Preloader in the Forest Park branch on 10-30-07.