Pro Flowers

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Please say you're kidding. I don't want that extra cargo for the next 4 days (yes, we're going to deliver on Sunday) , even though they are Driver Release at any circumstances...

MattM

I loved our building. Wed take out broken vases and just ship the flowers. No note or anything. They didn't want the damage report to haunt them for the next 9 months.

Very bad packaging by the flower guys, yet we'd get blamed for it.

I always wondered what they ended up opening? Just a stem and peddles everywhere, and no vase. Great ' I almost forgot about you' type of gift.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Yes, we lost ProFlowers due to the Union negotiating the best contract ever. The price increases that UPS has to pass on to these companies to pay us such an inflated hourly rate and benefits package is causing many shippers to look elsewhere.
You’re right, PVD’s should make $5/hr and drive tuktuks.

rod

Retired 22 years
Dude you are not lying on this one I bought my wife some one Valentine’s Day and she was not happy,lesson learned.
I like my wife. We agreed Long time ago not to get each other gifts. We use the money for trips and other things. It sure takes a lot of stress off holidays. Get up- give her a peck on the cheek- say happy Valentine’s Day (or what ever day it is) and go on about your business. It works for us.

MattM

they are all shipper release...now please get back into the trailer and unload packages
The ol shipper release excuse. That was a couple years back.i think we care less about damages now.

We’ve been getting light bulbs shipped from amazon through us. Our bosses hate it. Even when it’s sounds broken, we now just ship it all as is. We let the end consumer deal with amazon. Tons of grow lights, and 24 inch long led light boards. Surprisingly leds can shatter too.

One huge rain storm basically flooded the uld shipping containers that were waiting to unload or load. Hundreds of wet boxes were just repackaged or thrown away.
I’ve nearly seen it all with this company.

The ol shipper release excuse. That was a couple years back.

We’ve been getting light bulbs shipped from amazon through us. Our bosses hate it. Even when it’s sounds broken, we now just ship it all as is. We let the end consumer deal with amazon. Tons of grow lights, and 24 inch long led light boards. Surprisingly leds can shatter too.
We don't insure light bulbs.

MattM

I get that. But shipping a rattling glass box sounds like bad customer service. But we do it constantly

just last year we threw away a box of t shirts that had detergent spilled onto it. I won’t deny a few dumpster diving after hours for a shirt. We had some beer bottle samples break. It got thrown away. I hope those were reported as broken. There are some items we throw away.

We lose customers when we ship stuff like this. It goes through 5-6 hands before the driver ends up delivering a broken item.
We don’t stop transit. We hate left in buildings no matter what. It’s a losing way imho.

I get that. But shipping a rattling glass box sounds like bad customer service. But we do it constantly

just last year we threw away a box of t shirts that had detergent spilled onto it. I won’t deny a few dumpster diving after hours for a shirt. We had some beer bottle samples break. It got thrown away. I hope those were reported as broken. There are some items we throw away.

We lose customers when we ship stuff like this. It goes through 5-6 hands before the driver ends up delivering a broken item.
We don’t stop transit. We hate left in buildings no matter what. It’s a losing way imho.
They used to cut the ends of the box open and shake out the broken glass, then retape it.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Are those the ones with the arrows up but are packaged in boxes designed to tip over.
Yeah, most flowers didn't have orientation arrows since they're not filled with water... I find out which side is the heavy end, then I stand them up under the shelves of my FXG package car.

thank goodness we preload our own vehicles. I can put aside the boxes that sounds broken for our qa clerks to remove the shards of glass and retape for delivery on Saturday. My whole belt line did that to get on route ASAP, LoL

OKLABob

Yes, we lost ProFlowers due to the Union negotiating the best contract ever. The price increases that UPS has to pass on to these companies to pay us such an inflated hourly rate and benefits package is causing many shippers to look elsewhere.
Dude UPS ain’t hurting for money I deliver one day worth of stuff on my truck and that pays for my check for the week in one day. Other 4 days are profit. UPS raises there prices so they can maximize profits. If ups wanted to save some money fire half of these useless ass supervisors that do nothing but read PCM and set up the line ups everyday.

PizzaToUps

When I delivered flowers last year, half of them had shattered glass inside. My on road said to leave it at the door without knocking. Smh....