Production Bonus

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center team has started putting up charts listing the production of each driver over the prior two week period with brackets based upon where you fall. Anyone who is .75 under or quicker has "Slow Down", .25 to .75 under has "Just Right" and anyone who is .25 under or slower has "Step it Up" next to their names. I personally don't see the need for the charts and fear that mgt's attempts to use this as a motivational tool will backfire.

I have been told that I need to slow down. Not happening-----been doing it this way for 29 years and with 6 months left I am not going to change things up now.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I have never seen bonus language in the master, but if anyone knows where it is I'd be interested in reading it. From what some of you are writing it sounds like it may be in some supplementals. And some places pay time and a half for bonus? I'm going to have to spend some time contemplating that one.
If you have bonus language in your supplemental then everyone who does not bonus because the allowances aren't even or fair between routes has grounds for a grievance. You should file every single day until the company can prove the allowances on every route are equal and that the pay is fair.
There is no bonus language in the supplements, I have no idea why some areas pay bonus at straight time rate while others pay it at time and a half.

oldngray

nowhere special
There is no bonus language in the supplements, I have no idea why some areas pay bonus at straight time rate while others pay it at time and a half.

It depends on the local. Mine had straight time until we fought it to get it changed to OT. Which centers had bonus were voted on by the drivers in each center. Most voted it out because it created a toxic work environment. Only the minority who had unusual time allowances wanted it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The bonus language is in Article 19 of the Central Region Supplement for my region.

I suspect if your region has it, it is in that supplement as well, and you have overlooked it?

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I used to get about .2 - .5 bonus but I slowed down and get the hour of OT now.
My problem is that I started moving a little faster, delivering stops in the most effiicient way I could, getting my route done early and I went from scratching, or up to .5 bonus daily, to .5 to 1 over every day. I still don't know exactly how that happened, but from what I've gathered I was cutting so many miles that it really hurt my allowance. Since I started following Orion almost 100 percent, I'm getting done later, and have more miles, and if I'm ever over it's almost the exact amount of preload time that I had. I don't code it unless my sup tells me to. Still don't bonus as easily as I used to, so I have to assume they adjusted the allowances.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Code what?
The preload time. We get 15 minutes to an hour of loading every day. Technically they can't stop or discipline you for coding it, but if you don't code it, it counts against your allowance. I just don't care enough, because I wouldn't be bonusing anyway, so I'm not losing money. It might pressure them to hire more preloaders, but I doubt that. It seems funny that they'll pay 40 drivers to do preload work, but they won't start the sort early enough or have enough preloaders to have everything wrapped up by pcm. It must be costing them hundreds to thousands every day. Sometimes it's a feeder issue, but still.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's supposed to go under other work. And if they tried to discipline you for coding it under other work, you can grieve for being forced to falsify your time card, especially if it's costing you money.