proflowers

Goldilocks

I understand Goldi. And you would have seen it alot earlier if you had been here a couple years ago. This has all been forecast ad nauseum by me, MFE R1a and others. And year after year couriers bought the lie. For months after you got here you still sang Fred's praises. Didn't believe it? Didn't want to?

It hurts but my eyes have been open. Thank you for understanding......

whenIgetthere

anyone else notice the loss of proflowers account? im a swing driver and barely worked 3 hours on valentines day managers didnt come out and say it, but it was brought up on wednesday...because we noticed, no flowers. we were told they will come on thursday

I'd like to see who proflowers expects to work on Mother's day Sunday if they switched carriers, or have split it up between more carriers. Our problem is now Saturdays, stop counts are up almost 100% in the past three months on Saturday due to Amazon. No routes are added, so every route (and all but two SDR routes are PT) is going out with more P2 stops than P1. My argument is I am now scheduled to work 9 hours every Saturday, yet when I am on vacation, I get paid for four!

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Speak for yourself. Maybe not all, but many would find their life more meaningful and happier if they got off the materialism kick. There's nothing wrong with having nice things, but when you're never satisfied, always wanting more, you'll end up chasing your tail. Exactly why we at FedEx are doing so poorly, those at the top aren't ever satisfied with what they have. I worry about having enough to get by, not what latest gizmo I'm missing out on. Doesn't make me perfect, but makes it alot easier to live with what I do have.

[video=youtube;tPPvkhGZT7Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPPvkhGZT7Y[/video]

TUT

Agree, This is what BB and TUT do not understand and will never understand. It's more than just not getting paid or losing our benifits we once had, but its about the lies and deception. FS started with a handful of couriers and some pilots, later to add csa positions. We were made to believe our position was the most important position of the company, and we were treated with respect and honor. FS would come to our stations and honor us for our hard work. We were compensated very well with pay, parties, great benifits. We believed in the company and worked hard, loved coming to work and loved Federal Express.

Couriers are now treated like garbage. They got what they wanted from us. If I had the opportunity to talk with Mr Smith my question would be, How could you do this to us Mr Smith? I just dont understand the lies and deception.

After the Stockholders meeting in October, and I watched every bit of it, I then understood. BB and TUT, it really hurts and angers us, 'The Senior Couriers" and what Memphis does not understand, we can STILL make it or break it.....

I do get that, but we've all be conditioned now to understand "nothing lasts forever" and for what maybe one generation it actually did last over thousands of years? I do know it would be even harsher if all there was was Fedex Express today. The rise of the stock market skewed the owner/employee relationship. I do wish you guys the best, I understand your anger, but I also can afford to look at the realities clearer since I am on the outside of it.

Think of all the businesses over the years that you delivered to, how they've changed. How many are no longer in business, probably promised and pumped up at one point to. Technology made Fedex, technology now changes Fedex.

Last edited:

TUT

Jim Jones lied and deceived his followers too.....

But losing a job, or being in a declining job is not unusual. I'm sure you have seen many of those over the years and thought "I feel sorry for them, but I'm glad I got a good one in Fedex", well I guess time has a way on catching up to all of us. We are talking about a job here, not life and death, when you make it like that, I read "man I don't want to go out and have to find a new job, I thought I had it all wrapped up". Well this story seems to repeat itself all the time.

HomeDelivery

I'd like to see who proflowers expects to work on Mother's day Sunday if they switched carriers, or have split it up between more carriers. Our problem is now Saturdays, stop counts are up almost 100% in the past three months on Saturday due to Amazon. No routes are added, so every route (and all but two SDR routes are PT) is going out with more P2 stops than P1. My argument is I am now scheduled to work 9 hours every Saturday, yet when I am on vacation, I get paid for four!

It was already forcasted that Home Delivery will be swamped on that Saturday as well for Mommies Day deliveries... we work on that day for no extra fees or OverTime ~ they'll use any carrier to get the stuff out for that holiday. I'll see you out there as well as UPSers & Postal Workers on that day.

Last edited:

Goldilocks

I do get that, but we've all be conditioned now to understand "nothing lasts forever" and for what maybe one generation it actually did last over thousands of years? I do know it would be even harsher if all there was was Fedex Express today. The rise of the stock market skewed the owner/employee relationship. I do wish you guys the best, I understand your anger, but I also can afford to look at the realities clearer since I am on the outside of it.

Think of all the businesses over the years that you delivered to, how they've changed. How many are no longer in business, probably promised and pumped up at one point to. Technology made Fedex, technology now changes Fedex.

My husband who has been here longer than I have keeps telling me, "Its a Buisness, if you owned a buisness and it grew you would probably do the same thing" No I would take care of those who took care of me, period!

RTURNSONLY

My husband who has been here longer than I have keeps telling me, "Its a Buisness, if you owned a buisness and it grew you would probably do the same thing" No I would take care of those who took care of me, period!
Is your husband's last name Smith by any chance? LOL :hesaidsmiley:

whenIgetthere

It was already forcasted that Home Delivery will be swamped on that Saturday as well for Mommies Day deliveries... we work on that day for no extra fees or OverTime ~ they'll use any carrier to get the stuff out for that holiday. I'll see you out there as well as UPSers & Postal Workers on that day.

That bites that you'll be out there on Mother's Day with no extra or OT!

DontThrowPackages

I see the corporations for what they are. The "Average" person wants a safe place for he/her and his/her family to live, provide for the needs of their kids, a car for he and his wife and a nice vacation with the family each year. What the corporate heads want is 1 or 2 private jets, a base home, a summer home, a winter home, a condo for their 23 year old mistress, a new car every year, four golf memberships (3 of which they haven't been in years), alimony for both the starter wife and the old trophy wife, gifts for all the women they bed, Season tickets to the NFL, MLB and NHL. You can add 3000.00 suits, shoes, 200.00 per plate dinners; I can go on. This is the reason the middle is struggling the way it has and will continue to. UPS drivers make pretty good money but I assume UPS wants them to start taking less? This is how it begins. Remember when we started taking less lol. Did UPS not make money last year? I didn't bother checking but I assume if they had a loss it would have been headline news. IMHO having a union is better than not having one. Don't the pilots have a union? Then why did FS not want couriers to unionize?? I know the pilots are paid pretty nicely. I know couriers have taken it in the shorts for a long time now.
To the ones of you that will be retiring in a couple of years, I'm happy for you. For the one's that were just hired on, well just know when you hear the words, "Top of pay", cover your ears. It has nothing to do with you and the career you will have at the company; even if you last 25 years you won't get there. And for the middle, what can I say? To use a familiars saying, you're "At the point of no return".

hypo hanna

What angers me the most is they are legally able to renege on the commitments they made to the non union employees where they can't do that to the union employees or vendors. In the early years when we were building the company so they could afford to buy shiny new planes, Flying Tigers and RPS they treated us well. Now they no longer need us and feel they don't have to fulfill the promises they made before.

vantexan

What angers me the most is they are legally able to renege on the commitments they made to the non union employees where they can't do that to the union employees or vendors. In the early years when we were building the company so they could afford to buy shiny new planes, Flying Tigers and RPS they treated us well. Now they no longer need us and feel they don't have to fulfill the promises they made before.

Seems to me if they can get profit to $3.8Billion annually there's no reason they can't continue traditional pension for those who chose to remain in it when they gave us the option to stay in it or go with the PPP. I wonder if this is a valid basis for a class action suit?

vantexan

Seems to me if they can get profit to $3.8Billion annually there's no reason they can't continue traditional pension for those who chose to remain in it when they gave us the option to stay in it or go with the PPP. I wonder if this is a valid basis for a class action suit?

Looked it up...under rules of something called ERISA a company can terminate a pension at any time. There are certain rules to follow but no real recourse for employees.