Progression question

Quigley

Full-time employees still in progression on the effective date of this
Master Agreement shall receive the above contractual increases.
They will be paid no less than what they are entitled to in accordance
with Article 41, Section 2 below.

What dont you guys understand about the obove statement?

Bottom rung

So who's got a steward and a B.A. that's gonna fight for the higher wage since the contract clearly states two different things.

upschuck

And in that section in says those in progression will stay under prior progression.

Quigley

Oh my god this is getting painfull. Please read the contract, it says you cant make less then the rate listed
Start
$18.75
Seniority
$18.75
Twelve (12) months
$19.50
Twenty-four (24) months
$21.00
Thirty-six (36) months
$25.00
Forty-eight (48) months Top Rate

saintrick

If you keep reading section 2 below you get to

Article 41 Section 2(c) of the prior Agreement shall remain in effect for all employees in that progression as of the date of the ratification.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Time to break out the horse again...
beating-dead-horse.gif

saintrick

Oh my god this is getting painfull. Please read the contract, it says you cant make less then the rate listed
Start
$18.75
Seniority
$18.75
Twelve (12) months
$19.50
Twenty-four (24) months
$21.00
Thirty-six (36) months
$25.00
Forty-eight (48) months Top Rate

As soon as you find a driver in progression who gets what you propose let me know.

scisector9

Haven't the new rates already gone into effect for those covered under the national? I know you can't speculate on what 710's agreement will look like when the dust settles, but maybe a driver in progression BEFORE August 1, 2013, could clear this up for us?

Anyone? Any takers??

Quigley

I'm in progression. I didn't get the seventy cents. full time in 2012.

2013 seventy cents ($0.70)
2014 seventy cents ($0.70)
2015 seventy cents ($0.70)
2016 eighty cents ($0.80)
2017 one dollar ($1.00)

I'm sure someone here will say this doesnt apply to you.

Sean1692

For anyone interested I was hired full time driving May 15th 2013 so im under the old contract and when the contract got ratified I got the .70 cent raise in my paycheck that brought me from 17.25 to 17.95. We will see what happens when I reach my first year of progression.

Bottom rung

My guess is that I got the seventy cents 17.25 to17.95 from august until my seniority date when I went to 18.45. Then this august I'll get seventy more to 19.15 until I get bumped to 20.75. Too Techie posted the same in a thread where he discussed this with a center manager and labor manager. I'll let ya know how the grievance works out as far as the higher wages. I'm thinking it will go nowhere but you can't win if you don't play.

Inthegame

For anyone interested I was hired full time driving May 15th 2013 so im under the old contract and when the contract got ratified I got the .70 cent raise in my paycheck that brought me from 17.25 to 17.95. We will see what happens when I reach my first year of progression.
Our guys are getting a shoe shine in the Central. What Local/region are you from? PM me if you need to keep it quiet. Thanks

saintrick

2017 one dollar ($1.00)

I'm sure someone here will say this doesnt apply to you.

The GWI may apply to drivers in progression but the higher rates that go with the new 4 year do not.

It is not new language it was added in 2007 when the progression went from 30 to 36 months.

Quigley

The GWI may apply to drivers in progression but the higher rates that go with the new 4 year do not.

It is not new language it was added in 2007 when the progression went from 30 to 36 months.
And according to my center manager and BA that language is still in there so drivers on 3 year progression will remain on 3 year progression. If the language were to be taken out someone may argue that everybody is now on 4 year progression. Also notice that the old rate in the new contract is blacked out. Thats because its no longer in effect. Lets just agree to disagree on this subject. But as a shop steward I will always fight to get the best deal I can for the drivers and part timers in my center. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Quigley

Our guys are getting a shoe shine in the Central. What Local/region are you from? PM me if you need to keep it quiet. Thanks
Ask you BA to explain to you what he thinks this statement means. I dont know how much clearer this statement could be. Maybe if it was written in crayon some management and BA's would understand it better.

2017 one dollar ($1.00)

Master Agreement shall receive the above contractual increases

scisector9

Sean will you be getting retro on the .70 raise also? Thanks

Sent using BrownCafe App