Progression question

Sean1692

Sorry I know this has been asked before but no one had a clear answer so I was hired May 10 2013 as a full time driver and am currently on the 3 year progression from the old contract. My question is when the new contract is ratified will I jump up to the new contract rates for example after my 1st year I will be paid less under the current contract then a casual driver. I know the progression rate is shorter but isn't there something in the contract that says new hires won't make more then senority drivers.. Thanks in advance

Addison Feeder Driver

I was hired in September after months of working as a seasonal driver. So I get screwed. Even though it's 6 months after I was hired and we don't have a signed contract yet, the union will make the 4 year progression retroactive to August 1st. Retroactive pay reduction is illegal and I was told verbally by management that I would be at full scale after 3 years. This is a binding verbal agreement. However they'll still force me to take the 4 year progression and I'll lose $20,000. Funny how a company making record profits gets to take 25%of pay away from new hires for a year.

Sent using BrownCafe App

barnyard

KTM rider
So if the contract was in effect, you would be getting lower pay now AND a 4 year progression.

Have to look at the bright side there sport.

Addison Feeder Driver

There is no bright side. The old contract is in effect, and I'm making very little money. Sure, I get a raise when the new contract goes in effect, but it's pennies. The second progression is 25cents higher than the old contract while everybody else has a $4 increase. It's a case of nobody giving a crap about drivers hired recently and seasonal and part timers soon to be full time.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

There is no bright side. The old contract is in effect, and I'm making very little money. Sure, I get a raise when the new contract goes in effect, but it's pennies. The second progression is 25cents higher than the old contract while everybody else has a $4 increase. It's a case of nobody giving a crap about drivers hired recently and seasonal and part timers soon to be full time.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Nobody cares because seasonal and PTers don't vote.

Addison Feeder Driver

Exactly.... but hundreds of employees hired after August 1st do vote. I don't think that UPS and the union anticipated the contract taking so long. But you hit it on the head , they give the full scale drivers a decent raise and hope they carry the vote.

Sent using BrownCafe App

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I was hired in September after months of working as a seasonal driver. So I get screwed. Even though it's 6 months after I was hired and we don't have a signed contract yet, the union will make the 4 year progression. retroactive to August 1st. Retroactive pay reduction is illegal and I was told verbally by management that I would be at full scale after 3 years. This is a binding verbal agreement. However they'll still force me to take the 4 year progression and I'll lose $20,000. Funny how a company making record profits gets to take 25%of pay away from new hires for a year.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Well took me 10 years to full time from a casual. No vacation, sick time or rover days. When I got to go full time. I was dropped down in hourly pay 3 dollars. So I really don't think your whining about a lousy 4 yrs. Is worth your post
Me

Addison Feeder Driver

Wow, what a selfish jerk. Why should any UPS'ers care about any of your concerns with that kind of attitude? This is a union, and being part of a brotherhood.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Addison Feeder Driver

By the way '' 10 2 go'', I have been a life long Teamster and have gone through progression twice before this. I also went through concessions and lost vacation, pension time, and 5% of my salary. So really your 10 years don't mean a damn thing to me. This isn't about me, it's about everybody effected by this lousy contract.

Sent using BrownCafe App

PT Car Washer

By the way '' 10 2 go'', I have been a life long Teamster and have gone through progression twice before this. I also went through concessions and lost vacation, pension time, and 5% of my salary. So really your 10 years don't mean a damn thing to me. This isn't about me, it's about everybody effected by this lousy contract.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Even PTers making barely above minimum wage for a few hours a day and no benefits?

Addison Feeder Driver

The part timers are getting screwed too. I mentioned this contract is bad for casuals, part timers, new hires, and seasonal employees. So that's maybe 70% of UPS.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Addison Feeder Driver

Jordanovich you are correct. You get a $1.50 raise the first year. The second year you get a whole 25 cents over the old rate. The old contract was $20.75 and the new contract is $21. I hope you didn't vote Yes.

Sent using BrownCafe App