Promoted!! A UPS salesman I am!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Let your customers know that if they were to convert all their volume to UPS, they could even save more money.

Huh?

Now that's a bullship reply if I ever heard one.
UPS is not the low cost provider and that's the biggest hurdle we face today.

hudson

Huh?

Now that's a bullship reply if I ever heard one.
UPS is not the low cost provider and that's the biggest hurdle we face today.

This is true, we are not the low cost provider. But UPS discounts are given by calculating a 52 week rolling average based on gross revenue. The more you spend the more you save. If a customer were to give us all their volume they would end up saving more money in the long run.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This is true, we are not the low cost provider. But UPS discounts are given by calculating a 52 week rolling average based on gross revenue. The more you spend the more you save. If a customer were to give us all their volume they would end up saving more money in the long run.

You are the Billy Mays of UPS sales people. Were do sign? You make me wish I had some packages to ship.

Loco170Brownie

I think SteelToe kicked it right on the head :knockedout:

Back when UPS was private it was more about the service, don't think numbers weren't up there, but it preached everyday our price point wasn't the reason we had our customers it was our service. I have always taken pride in doing everything I can to service my customers but that has become harder and harder each year.

We spent how much money on the new Preload system? For those of us that have it we know it isn't about fixing preload issues, or making our loads better (What a joke, how many times have you ever seen a load in numerical order?). Its about being able to load up the drivers to the max every day, is about stop counts. No where in that system (I could be wrong here, but it clearly isnt done here) do they take into account comercial stops vs house calls. So when Joe driver gets a split he has never done off of Bill driver, its PALed to the 8K section, he starts it at 5:30 after he is done all his pick ups and own comercial stops only to find he has 10 missed bussiness stops he didnt know about (Warning letter to come dont worry).

Now we have the OCS riding with us telling us they are out here to figure out how many more stops we are going to be able to handle as they cut more routes. As things turn around in the US market (And I do hope it does soon) am I to believe these stops will be taken back off me. lol been here too long to believe that.

So ask me to go out and get you more work for me to do....... I have been unimpressed by the sales force at my center for years, I would like to think it is diffrent elsewhere but from the overall tone I would say it isnt. My customers get brushed aside all the time. I have one shipper that fills the FedEx ground guy to the max everyday, he has to call for back up at least 1 time a week, but because its ground my salesmen will not even try to compete with the FedEx price. We are talking around 300 pieces a week! But we cant figure out a way to make it work?

If you want my take on it to change there has to be change coming from the other side, I will be here years after this sales force is gone, just like the last one.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I think SteelToe kicked it right on the head :knockedout:

Back when UPS was private it was more about the service, don't think numbers weren't up there, but it preached everyday our price point wasn't the reason we had our customers it was our service. I have always taken pride in doing everything I can to service my customers but that has become harder and harder each year.

We spent how much money on the new Preload system? For those of us that have it we know it isn't about fixing preload issues, or making our loads better (What a joke, how many times have you ever seen a load in numerical order?). Its about being able to load up the drivers to the max every day, is about stop counts. No where in that system (I could be wrong here, but it clearly isnt done here) do they take into account comercial stops vs house calls. So when Joe driver gets a split he has never done off of Bill driver, its PALed to the 8K section, he starts it at 5:30 after he is done all his pick ups and own comercial stops only to find he has 10 missed bussiness stops he didnt know about (Warning letter to come dont worry).

Now we have the OCS riding with us telling us they are out here to figure out how many more stops we are going to be able to handle as they cut more routes. As things turn around in the US market (And I do hope it does soon) am I to believe these stops will be taken back off me. lol been here too long to believe that.

So ask me to go out and get you more work for me to do....... I have been unimpressed by the sales force at my center for years, I would like to think it is diffrent elsewhere but from the overall tone I would say it isnt. My customers get brushed aside all the time. I have one shipper that fills the FedEx ground guy to the max everyday, he has to call for back up at least 1 time a week, but because its ground my salesmen will not even try to compete with the FedEx price. We are talking around 300 pieces a week! But we cant figure out a way to make it work?

If you want my take on it to change there has to be change coming from the other side, I will be here years after this sales force is gone, just like the last one.

I agree! Whatever happened to just taking the initiative? Can't you people make decisions on your own, without having to ask, Mother may I? If customer A ships 300 pkgs with FedEx or any other company, than you should be able to do better. This is UPS, for goodness sakes, we won't be losing money, we'll be gaining customers at a slightly cheaper rate than the competition.