Prosecutor: No criminal charges in horrific pit bull attack on UPS driver

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Prosecutor: No criminal charges in horrific pit bull attack on UPS driver - KATU

The Pierce County Prosecutor's Office says no charges will be filed against the owner of pit bulls that attacked a UPS driver last year and left him in need of 133 stitches for multiple bites, including one that tore through muscle down to the bone of the man's left leg.

The attack happened last September when United Parcel Service driver Kevin Backlund attempted to deliver a package to a property in Puyallup. He entered a gated yard and was attacked by a pack of at least four pit bulls.

Firefighters had to ram through a driveway gate to save Backlund after they were denied entry to the property by a woman who was there.

dudebro

I don't know what happened in this case, but if I was blind on a route I shook gates and looked around for telltale piles a lot before I opened one. Most dog attacks in my experience happen when the owner opens the door, the dog runs out, and the driver is bitten right after the owner yells, "Don't worry, he doesn't bite!" This comment is usually followed by, "Gee, he never did THAT before..."

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I don't know what happened in this case, but if I was blind on a route I shook gates and looked around for telltale piles a lot before I opened one. Most dog attacks in my experience happen when the owner opens the door, the dog runs out, and the driver is bitten right after the owner yells, "Don't worry, he doesn't bite!" This comment is usually followed by, "Gee, he never did THAT before..."

It was a little more than that

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

read the article it says what precautions he took, sounds like they were let out after he entered

a very similar thing almost happened to me once, i always whistle and that drew the 4 pits out; snotty lady refused to bring them in so i sheeted it refused and left, put a CPAD in to not enter the yard dangerous dogs

she was cussing me out when i left; :censored2: people like that

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
read the article it says what precautions he took, sounds like they were let out after he entered

a very similar thing almost happened to me once, i always whistle and that drew the 4 pits out; snotty lady refused to bring them in so i sheeted it refused and left, put a CPAD in to not enter the yard dangerous dogs

she was cussing me out when i left; :censored2: people like that

Almost got bit by a pitbull last week in the hood. Dude was pissed we were in “his yard” (our right-of-way) marking for a utility locate. People really don’t give a damn and then wanna bitch when you lay the hammer down.

Always keep my eyes pealed. Especially in the area I work.