Protect the work

W

westsideworma

Would you like to rethink this position? Is UPS paying you less than they agreed when you signed on?
I am a preloader, the pay is awful, however, it is exactly what UPS and I agreed to when I accepted the job. I do the job because of the future potential.
Should this lower my opinion of the company?

no but I bet a better pay rate or raise would improve it though :wink2:

not ragging on you (whether true or not), the same could be said for almost everyone. As long as people are happy they're willing to put up with more. I preloaded as well and I agree the pay is awful, but like you said I knew what the rate was coming in. I personally liked the job, but would more money improve my opinion of the company? I bet it would. I really can't say for sure, but it most likely would.

stringerman85

Would you like to rethink this position? Is UPS paying you less than they agreed when you signed on?
I am a preloader, the pay is awful, however, it is exactly what UPS and I agreed to when I accepted the job. I do the job because of the future potential.
Should this lower my opinion of the company?

Understandable statement, I think you learn alot about the company after years being employed rather than when you first start. I did know the pay when I first started, But that was about it...Until after a few years you learn alot more about what you didn't know.....Difference between full timers verse part timers for one thing...others too

no but I bet a better pay rate or raise would improve it though :wink2:

not ragging on you (whether true or not), the same could be said for almost everyone. As long as people are happy they're willing to put up with more. I preloaded as well and I agree the pay is awful, but like you said I knew what the rate was coming in. I personally liked the job, but would more money improve my opinion of the company? I bet it would. I really can't say for sure, but it most likely would.

Thats basically how i feel...i also wish there were more options for us employees at the company....It wasn't something i already knew before I started...when i get the job i want in the company i will most likely feel better, especially since i've already done it, and learned it (driving)