Prototype Trucks, where are they now?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
So far as I know the V10 is just like the V8 with 2 more cylinders. The Triton is supposedly a modular design. Never worked on any.

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
Yeah but I meant the weird spark plug they used in them that would break when removing them, I thought they got rid of that around 07 atleast in the V8's, I really hope they aren't still using that in the V10's right now.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Don't know about that. Knowing my luck, no. Have you got any news on the big VT fleet consolidation? Please, GOD, relieve me of these turkeys. First time I've seen it in print corporate admitting to what a piece of junk they are.

Mechanic86

Turd Polishing Expert
Don't know about that. Knowing my luck, no. Have you got any news on the big VT fleet consolidation? Please, GOD, relieve me of these turkeys. First time I've seen it in print corporate admitting to what a piece of junk they are.
Yeah they claim they want to spread them out so more of the mechanics can get familiar with repairing them because the VT365 is their most problematic engine, I say phase them out. As for these Isuzu's, I saw one on the lot once, it was quickly sent off to an extended center lol.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
In my 27 years of driving experience, I would say the best vehicle UPS ever put on the road is the one I am driving now...a 2006 Freightliner P-700 665-series with the Mercedes diesel, duallies, and the Allison 5-speed automatic. It has good ergonomics, adequate power, and is overall an excellent work platform. My only complaints about it are that it weighs less than comparable P-7's from the 90's so it doesn't do as well in the mud or snow and it rattles and squeaks a lot more. Mine has 230K miles on it and it still runs strong.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Yeah they claim they want to spread them out so more of the mechanics can get familiar with repairing them because the VT365 is their most problematic engine, I say phase them out. As for these Isuzu's, I saw one on the lot once, it was quickly sent off to an extended center lol.
My impression was they wanted to concentrate them in fewer centers and along with the misery. Jeez, cut the losses and repower them now. It's already been done with the VT275 powered P57s because they were so bad.