PT MRAs

nj2015

Was told this morning by my sup (was told something similar last week by my Local 177 BA) that a market rate adjustment pay bump was coming, but I can't find anything official for our building or even our local. The sup said "the hub" is getting them in this week's checks. It's not in mine or anyone else's in the unload this morning.

Is this something that's just trickling out location by location? I saw the Chicago letter in the other forum.

Any others out there get anything?

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Was told this morning by my sup (was told something similar last week by my Local 177 BA) that a market rate adjustment pay bump was coming, but I can't find anything official for our building or even our local. The sup said "the hub" is getting them in this week's checks. It's not in mine or anyone else's in the unload this morning.

Is this something that's just trickling out location by location? I saw the Chicago letter in the other forum.

CACH is separate from Chicago, but I got 18 next week

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider

I already got mine. Speaking of which, where the hell is @Indecisi0n ?!

PT Car Washer

Our hub is going above $20/hr for the summer.
That is great. Last I heard my Hub is only offering an $80/wk show up bonus. We get a lot of new hires but very few last more than a week. The job sucks for what they want to pay. Not so much the hourly rate but the limited number of hours you can work. McDonalds pays just as much with more hours and a free Happy meal.

DriverNerd

That is great. Last I heard my Hub is only offering an $80/wk show up bonus. We get a lot of new hires but very few last more than a week. The job sucks for what they want to pay. Not so much the hourly rate but the limited number of hours you can work. McDonalds pays just as much with more hours and a free Happy meal.
They're also doing a bonus for new hires that work every day.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They are also creating numerous 22.3 jobs. They are desperate for people.
I would still go for them if they open up but any 22.3 jobs created in excess of the contract can just as easily be dissolved at a later date and these low FT seniority employees would be back on the PT payroll and wages. Just something to think about in case somebody decides to accumulate too much debt.

PT Car Washer

I would still go for them if they open up but any 22.3 jobs created in excess of the contract can just as easily be dissolved at a later date and these low FT seniority employees would be back on the PT payroll and wages. Just something to think about in case somebody decides to accumulate too much debt.
I don't think it works that way. Any laid off 22.3 would have the right to bump a lower seniority 22.3 or take another FT job when it became available. Or take the place of 2 PT employees as long as they have more company seniority.

nj2015

Update: Just checked my timecard from this week and the pay rate has been bumped up to $20.

But of course nothing can be easy, because I also got my vacation (5/29) payout this week. So I guess I'll be bringing this to my sup and steward on Monday.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I don't think it works that way. Any laid off 22.3 would have the right to bump a lower seniority 22.3 or take another FT job when it became available. Or take the place of 2 PT employees as long as they have more company seniority.
Yes but they could be bumping PT for a few months or longer is what I'm saying. The seniority alone is reason to get the job though.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
File for unemployment right after your GF/wife has a kid for “bonding time” collect $600 week, more than you’d make working plus you don’t have to worry about daycare.

Problem solved-Biden

:edit Forget to mention stop paying your rent, they can’t kick you out, grab that new iPhone 12 you been eyeing.

wht1zzfe

They are also creating numerous 22.3 jobs. They are desperate for people.
I signed a couple 22.3 bids last month. The plan was put my two weeks in, give it some time, try to get old job back inside PT. Figured I'd wait and see if I get a call about the 22.3 job first. I'd rather just go back to working PT if they'd pay me $20/hr. I am miserable driving.

Can... can I come over?

The walk of shame leaving @Poop Head's place on top of the amount of dignity lost...it starts with a caviar hot dog, but it ends in a far different place, my friend...
200 (5).gif

takesteady

I signed a couple 22.3 bids last month. The plan was put my two weeks in, give it some time, try to get old job back inside PT. Figured I'd wait and see if I get a call about the 22.3 job first. I'd rather just go back to working PT if they'd pay me $20/hr. I am miserable driving.
Do it. It’s actually quite freeing. Go back to school or pursue a career that really fulfills you. Keep the PT job for the insurance and occasionally good pay checks during peak. It’s the lowest stress job imaginable.

opie

If you quit. I believe you have to wait a year to get re-hired. Essentially starting over. Just put your name on as many non-driving job lists. Can be in other buildings, not just yours.