Is FedEx Scrambling for ideas?

bacha29

I saw a post on Facebook were an employee at ground had his check bounce. I told him to call FedEx HR department.😂
If the individual is a contractor employed person then it's not an HR matter but a matter that needs to be reported to Ground Contractor Relations and the individuals state department of labor.

If in the meantime the contractor defaults, files insolvency or bankruptcy would become one of perhaps many creditors who are owed money.....He could be waiting awhile before he sees any.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
If the individual is a contractor employed person then it's not an HR matter but a matter that needs to be reported to Ground Contractor Relations and the individuals state department of labor.

If in the meantime the contractor defaults, files insolvency or bankruptcy would become one of perhaps many creditors who are owed money.....He could be waiting awhile before he sees any.
Ground is full of scoundrels

Mutineer

A new guy with money to burn walked in and stole/lured away about 10 drivers from a contractor. Shortly thereafter, the company is paying contingency rates to the new contractor to run the previous contractor’s area.

That is equal parts mind-boggling, dirty, and hilarious.

Reminds me of a situation where a very toxic husband/wife team with no prior FedEx contractor experience jumped in and bought a multi-van contract at my terminal.

First thing they did was swing their dick around, irritate, and threaten all the other contractors.

They caused such disturbances and drama that they also irritated the management critters.

All the other contractors closed ranks on them. Within a year they lost it all.

bacha29

Reminds me of a situation where a very toxic husband/wife team with no prior FedEx contractor experience jumped in and bought a multi-van contract at my terminal.

First thing they did was swing their dick around, irritate, and threaten all the other contractors.

They caused such disturbances and drama that they also irritated the management critters.

Oh, does this bring back memories.
As I said earlier I and 2 other guys started out terminal. We worked like slaves and fought like tigers to keep the place open and operating fighting off closure twice in it's first 3 years of operation.

Believe me sir, all three of us are today in complete agreement that if we had known that we would be followed in there by just about the most ungrateful mother fornicators you ever had the displeasure of meeting we would have never put ourselves through the knees, shoulders and hip joints destroying hell we went through just to keep the place from being shut down.

Of course in the minds of those people we didn't know anything....they had all the answers. That was until they experienced the misfortune of having a head on collision with that one sided unilaterally drafted and implemented contract whose terms were so vague and so ambiguous that it granted FDX a license to do whatever they damn well please.

And when they came bawling to us about it our answer was always the same....."You wanted in here badly enough".

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Believe me sir, all three of us are today in complete agreement that if we had known that we would be followed in there by just about the most ungrateful mother fornicators you ever had the displeasure of meeting we would have never put ourselves through the knees, shoulders and hip joints destroying hell we went through just to keep the place from being shut down.
OMG--there's a Triune Bacha out there somewhere!

zeev

Most people have been employees only and have no idea what it is like to run a business, FedEx is about to educate them on how disposable they are.

zeev

If you have a contract as either a contractor or employee it’s like a marriage or a mortgage , FedEx Express more like one night stand no matter how long you have been there.

Gone fishin

If you have a contract as either a contractor or employee it’s like a marriage or a mortgage , FedEx Express more like one night stand no matter how long you have been there.
But if Fedex fires you , contractor and employee are done. Neither has any control

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Glad that worked out. He told me they were firing him. Probably the circumstances made them reconsider. I was domiciled in Deming at the time but left without knowing how that played out. Many years later I was domiciled for a year in Safford, AZ. Really like that region. Would've stayed in Deming but management was doing things I had never seen before or since and I chose to get out rather than get them fired or demoted. They ended up getting fired and demoted anyways.
Did they allow you to

You are an excellent writer. No head games, just a sincere compliment.

bbsam

Staff member

I have no doubt how this plays out. They picked the fight with the one guy with enough cash and leverage with the company to crush their nuts in a vice. Personally, I would’ve walked away and let them have the :censored2: pile.

Mutineer

I have no doubt how this plays out. They picked the fight with the one guy with enough cash and leverage with the company to crush their nuts in a vice. Personally, I would’ve walked away and let them have the :censored2: pile.

Nobody had to do a thing to crush their nuts. They were their own worst enemies.

They pissed off the lovable old Italian Diesel mechanic we all used. The tire guy, too.

Like watching a honey badger swaggering and pissing it's way through a pride of drowsy African lions.

and then suddenly...

That was in '03. They lost a pretty decent contract.

vantexan

Did they allow you to
That particular situation... director wanted directorship in Ft.Lauderdale according to mgr. He was trying to impress VP by demanding zero overtime in his district. My mgr said he was to try something with my area. He took a big chunk of my area away from me including one of my main towns to insure I didn't go over 40. I told him that would drive me under 35 hrs a week. He said I'd get my 35.

He didn't give that removed area to another courier. Instead he was taking the mostly letters and small pkgs and rewrapping them and mailing them. That's right, putting them in the U.S. mail. I was easily getting less than 35 hrs on $11.67hr and he was falsifying my timecards to show me working just over 35 hrs so that company didn't know. I went from 42-44 hrs a week to 35.

Things came to a head when a furious customer whose company payroll had been mailed stopped me on a 65 mph highway and came at me with his fists balled up. This was several weeks into this. Then a lady who was receiving 4 or 5 large boxes in that area was told she either had to drive 110 miles to the station to get them or meet me 40 miles away. She had to borrow a pickup to meet me. Didn't understand why I wasn't delivering to her, thought we had service there. I had already checked on FedEx customer service and we still were saying next day by 4:30 p.m. in that zip code. I told her she could complain if she wanted to. She did.

That's how the mgrs were getting away with it. When a complaint is called in it's routed to the district office and to the station involved. Memphis doesn't find out. At least not back then. I noticed after these guys were found out that Memphis established a fraud hotline.

Anyways when she called in the complaint my mgr threatened me. Said I was in violation of company conduct code. I said I was going to file GFT. My senior mgr called me at home, tried to BS me. Said company was allowing them to do this. I told him that he wouldn't have a problem then when I filed the GFT. He then admitted the company didn't know, offered to let me out of my commitment to transfer. I didn't want to get a bunch of married men with kids fired so I took him up on it. Transferred back to Texas.

Almost two years later I put in for a small station in AZ that I really wanted to go to. Had tried several times to get there and this time I did. But senior over the station was also over big station in big city 90 miles away. Yep, my old senior mgr who was cheating customers at my previous domiciled location. He withdrew the posting and told the mgr to offer me a part time position.

That was back when there was another FedEx forum website. Forget the name of it. But I was mad about what happened and I posted about it there, knowing the company monitored it. My old mgr got fired, and that senior lost his big city promotion with a demotion back to mgr in another city.

So yes, they allowed me to leave.

Hax

I think I know the state you’re talking about and it seems that there’s a contractor war in approaching full meltdown.

A new guy with money to burn walked in and stole/lured away about 10 drivers from a contractor. Shortly thereafter, the company is paying contingency rates to the new contractor to run the previous contractor’s area.

Theoretically FedEx can’t tell drivers what contractor to work for, but it’s definitely something I think they’re going to clamp down on soon and in a decisive manner.
Please tell me he stole 10 more drivers from another contractor to cover the contingency, put them under and created more contingency work for himself.