PT seniority retained during FT progression?

bigtunacat1

I have been a pt employee on the preload for roughly 9 years and some change. I recently decided to bid on a ft package driver permanent job. Now im back from integrad and began my ft progression last week. My question is, while im in my ft progression period and before I attain my ft seniority...if i get laid off on a certain day of the week due to low volume am I still able to work the preload as a pt employee to atleast get my 3.5 hr guarantee that day if i get laid off driving?

For instance I was told last friday that I wont be driving monday so i told my sup Id like to work monday morning preload and he told me I wasn't able to work the preload during my progression. I read all thru the local 710 book and its not real clear on seniority pt employees rights DURING my ft progression period. Just trying to get a straight answer. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

--BT

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have been a pt employee on the preload for roughly 9 years and some change. I recently decided to bid on a ft package driver permanent job. Now im back from integrad and began my ft progression last week. My question is, while im in my ft progression period and before I attain my ft seniority...if i get laid off on a certain day of the week due to low volume am I still able to work the preload as a pt employee to atleast get my 3.5 hr guarantee that day if i get laid off driving?

For instance I was told last friday that I wont be driving monday so i told my sup Id like to work monday morning preload and he told me I wasn't able to work the preload during my progression. I read all thru the local 710 book and its not real clear on seniority pt employees rights DURING my ft progression period. Just trying to get a straight answer. Any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

--BT

Not being worked (a day) during your qualification period, would not be a

layoff situation. Once you are qualified.... then layoff language would apply.

Most supplements have a minimum of 5 consecutive days.

-Bug-