PT Supervisor Position - To take or not (On Topic)

PT Car Washer

Ahh gotcha. We're usually consistent at ours. Start time is usually around 4-4:30 and we never really leave before 9 or after 9:30. As a loader I usually get about 5:15 on the clock so usually pull in about 26+ hours. They were really strict on hours a few weeks ago but it's beginning to loosen up again.
If you are getting 5 hours everyday + some OT I would just stay hourly. The extra couple bucks an hour and paying your own insurance for PT sup would not be worth the extra headaches. You can always go to the dark side but you can never go back to hourly.

ThatOnePreloader

Unprofessional Professional
If you are getting 5 hours everyday + some OT I would just stay hourly. The extra couple bucks an hour and paying your own insurance for PT sup would not be worth the extra headaches. You can always go to the dark side but you can never go back to hourly.
I already said the insurance isn't a factor for me personally, if I did need to have my own I would def stay as a loader but that's not the case currently

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
How many years do you have in? I know the part-time pension wouldn't be a lot of money and is a long ways off, but if you're close to being vested I would stick it out as an hourly.

My other thought is how often do you call out? As a supervisor you would get in trouble for missing work.

ThatOnePreloader

How many years do you have in? I know the part-time pension wouldn't be a lot of money and is a long ways off, but if you're close to being vested I would stick it out as an hourly.

My other thought is how often do you call out? As a supervisor you would get in trouble for missing work.
Barely one year. I rarely miss. I missed a week for vacation and one sick day all year. Apparently, at least coming from one of the other PT Supes, they're allowed to miss a day a week for a certain amount of time (at least for our center). Sounds odd to me too so not sure about it but it's not really a big deal either way.

PT Car Washer

Barely one year. I rarely miss. I missed a week for vacation and one sick day all year. Apparently, at least coming from one of the other PT Supes, they're allowed to miss a day a week for a certain amount of time (at least for our center). Sounds odd to me too so not sure about it but it's not really a big deal either way.
You know all the pro's and con's of your decision. Time to put the big boy pants on and decide. I am guessing either way you decide it will not be a life changer. I delivered 4 tires to a guy in a 400k house to put on his Porsche. Told me he used to work the Midnight sort back when ever. He could never afford this house on a package car driver wages.

ThatOnePreloader

You know all the pro's and con's of your decision. Time to put the big boy pants on and decide. I am guessing either way you decide it will not be a life changer. I delivered 4 tires to a guy in a 400k house to put on his Porsche. Told me he used to work the Midnight sort back when ever. He could never afford this house on a package car driver wages.

Yep you're right, y'all all helped a ton though so I appreciate the feedback and whatnot.

john chesney

Change the topic name to include "(On Topic)" to prevent folks from making fun of you, etc.

As far as the future resume is concerned, that does make sense to me. My time at the job fair didn't go so well, and I think a large part of it was UPS tender being my primary job on there despite much non-UPS management experience prior to that.
I make fun of people and it's on topic

ThatOnePreloader

Hate to bump this up again but had one more question if any of you guys know - I know that OT as a PT Loader starts after 5 hours a day - when does OT start for a PT Supe?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
don't listen to all this union crap they have no idea what they're talking about

if you have no intention of driving then you should absolutely take the position

any management position is only going to help your resume, and real world experience in supervising people is solid gold to employers

further, as long as you're not in some hell-hole FT preload operation, it's not a terrible job, depending on your boss

the last thing is if you do end up staying with UPS, there are a boatload of interesting jobs within the company for someone who is open minded and aggressive about opportunity, and they are night and day to a preload position

let me know if you have more questions

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Hate to bump this up again but had one more question if any of you guys know - I know that OT as a PT Loader starts after 5 hours a day - when does OT start for a PT Supe?
you get OT at a 1.1x rate after 5.5 hours in a day or over 27.5 in a week

real OT (1.5x) starts at 8 hours in a day or 40 in a week

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
How comfortable are you handling your class course load? PT Sup is a different animal and you rarely leave b4 the employees do. It is good on a resume but jeez its one helluva bullet to bite.