PT vesting year hours vs pension credit hours

boxerdan

I'm a part-timer in L705 which, if I am not mistaken, is part of the UPS pension plan. I am confused both as to how many hours are needed for a year of service for vesting purposes, as well as if a partial credit is possible (towards vesting purposes). I know that 750 hours is necessary for a full credit, I will end this year with over 500 hours, but less than 750 hours, which is good enough for 9months of pension credit.

What I am confused about is whether I will earn anything towards a vested year of service? Is a part-time year of service still 750 hours or is it 375 hours? and do partial credits exist for vesting purposes?

Sorry if this might have been beaten to death elsewhere, I've read conflicting things about hours and partial vesting credits.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I'm a part-timer in L705 which, if I am not mistaken, is part of the UPS pension plan. I am confused both as to how many hours are needed for a year of service for vesting purposes, as well as if a partial credit is possible (towards vesting purposes). I know that 750 hours is necessary for a full credit, I will end this year with over 500 hours, but less than 750 hours, which is good enough for 9months of pension credit.

What I am confused about is whether I will earn anything towards a vested year of service? Is a part-time year of service still 750 hours or is it 375 hours? and do partial credits exist for vesting purposes?

Sorry if this might have been beaten to death elsewhere, I've read conflicting things about hours and partial vesting credits.
@boxerdan: Yes, L705 part-time are in the UPS pension plan.

The contract language [Article34.7(7)] reads pretty clearly to me that only 375 hours of service is required for a vesting year. I seem to remember the main reason for getting this lowered to 375 was for the air gateway part-timers at O'Hare.

Are you trying to plan when you will be vested, and how much that will be worth?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The dollars are amortized based on the credit hours. I believe minimum is 375 to 500 ,501 -699 ,750 equals $30/$45/$60 per month in pension dollars. You will get $45 for the year.