PT's working full time jobs

HardknocksUPSer

Try being a server or if you're old enough a bartender...don't have to work a ton of hours to make decent money in tips...I'm ugly and I sweat a lot so neither of those were an option for me...I worked 50 hours a week in a warehouse then went to twilight shift after
Not old enough for a bartender and don't care much for that kind of environment personally. Promised myself I'd never go back to the food business, worked at 2 diners before coming to UPS I just want a manual labor job preferably inside atleast offering 10-12$hr keep checking all the job ads for something that sounds good.

AndUPSER

I operate heavy equipment and perform maintenance work at a quarry. Solid job with decent pay but they have terrible health insurance. Started UPS while in high school at the age of 17 and started at the quarry as soon as I finished school. You'll be surprised at how many companies will be able to work around your schedule just because you have your own health insurance through UPS. I work 25-30 hours at the quarry and 20-25 hours at UPS each week.

Overpaid Union Thug

Hi, was wondering if anybody works a full time job outside of UPS and may be able to tell me what kind of FT job you do outside of working PT. I currently work two PT jobs but am thinking of taking on a FT job while working PT at UPS as well. I work preload which means I don't get off of work until 9 and most FT jobs don't like that. I would prefer to be getting off around 5PM from the FT job if I can find one that fits the current schedule.
Join the Air National Guard in your state. After your training is done then you could find another full-time or part-time job to supplement UPS. You would basically have 3 jobs. That was me for quite a while. By the time you go full time at UPS you will have some rank in the Air National Guard. Then put as much money in your 401k as you can. Years from now when you retire from UPS, and eventually the Air National Guard, you will end up with two pensions and a 401k. And Social Security, if it still exists then, would be a bonus.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
You could also end up here
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1466042176.014872.jpg

PT Car Washer

Join the Air National Guard in your state. After your training is done then you could find another full-time or part-time job to supplement UPS. You would basically have 3 jobs. That was me for quite a while. By the time you go full time at UPS you will have some rank in the Air National Guard. Then put as much money in your 401k as you can. Years from now when you retire from UPS, and eventually the Air National Guard, you will end up with two pensions and a 401k. And Social Security, if it still exists then, would be a bonus.
I went the Army National Guard route and did 22 years. Just started to collect my Army pension 6 months ago and yes I did try to max out 401(k) and IRA contributions. It has been a long haul but I am starting to see the pay off.

wayfair

swollen member
I worked with a Master Carpenter for a bit... up until I went full time.
Owner was flexible as far as my hours were.... picked up a new trade!
choppin wood and making stuff. win win