Purchasing a Used UPS Truck

C

cheryl

I recently received the following question by email and thought perhaps one of you might know what happens to old UPS trucks:

I was interested in purchasing a used UPS truck. My step-dad works in the
woods for a logging company and they would like to purchase a used truck
for a place to warm up and each lunch.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions or what happens to your
used trucks.

U

upsdude

It is my understanding that we dont sell our trucks. The trucks are stripped of useable parts and then scraped. I may be wrong though.

M

macafee

ups WILL NOT SELL OR GIVE YOU A PK CAR STUPID JERK,THEY DONT EVEN GIVE YOU HEAT IN THE WINTER STUPID TEAMSTER,JUST ANOTHER DUMB TRUCK DRIVER,,WHY DO YOU THINK SUPERS LAUGH AT YOU STUPID

D

deliver_man

Gee Cheryl, looks like macafee has a deeply thought out answer for you... none of us will miss him if you show him the door.

U

upsdude

I thought UPS required a High School diploma for employment. After reading macafee's rants, I guess not.

Heat? You kidding me? My pkg car heater works so well I usually leave one of the side doors open unless the temp is below 35 degrees.

W

wkmac

CRACK!

Like his head is up one?

(Message edited by wkmac on November 30, 2002)

M

macafee

deliverman, its the truth and you want to show me the door,hey if it saves UPS money not to put heat in the pk cars,Im all for it, I want UPS to make more money than ever,the more they make the better off we will be,and no dont thank the union thank UPS p.s love ya UPS

P

proups

cheryl: the package cars are stripped of all useful parts then they are crushed.

F

feederdude

U.P.S. used to sell the old vehicles, but some liability factors changed that. We crush the vehicles after they are stripped of all usable parts.
macafee, you are the weakest link, goodbye.
Feederdude

A

archibald

Feederdude, no they aren't crushed, they are sent to Arkansas! Macafee, I now know why inbreding is a bad thing, thank you.
applaud.gif

D

dannyboy

In our center they donated one, an old 600, to the volunteer fire department. This past year they scrapped about 12. They hired an outside firm to cut appart the package car, taking photos as they went to document the total destruction. Then it all went to the scrap yard.

d