PVDs and the contract

iowa boy

I know they do here, I can't imagine the union being stupid enough to allow scabs to work without getting their money.
Here in Iowa, we are a right to work state so if we have regular drivers that aren't paying dues, (which I know we do), they sure as hell can't force the pvds to pay dues.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Ok,

That just means they are seasonal drivers who are not REQUIRED to use thier own vehicles.

Nothing preventing them from voluntary using thier own vehicles.

There needs to be more language.
Yep....

Here, they are shutting volume to PVDs way before driver start time using non seniority seasonals.

So seasonals and PVDs are combining to deliver my stops 2 hours before I get out to my route.

I don't know about you, but even if it is just seasonal in a rental, I want to punch in and punch out early...Not the seasonal.

We need language in the master. Otherwise next year they will be starting the seasonals (pvds or not) 4 hours before our start and seniority drivers will continue to be out till 11 p.m.
Good luck with that.

Commercial Inside Release

In right to work states...
All of the PVDs are scabs.
Most of the part-timers.
Some of the drivers.

Cannot make them join or pay dues. Of course, when they are suspended, get in an accident, or are seriously injured they sure wish they signed up!

Staydryitsraining

Ok,

That just means they are seasonal drivers who are not REQUIRED to use thier own vehicles.

Nothing preventing them from voluntary using thier own vehicles.

There needs to be more language.

Here, they are shutting volume to PVDs way before driver start time using non seniority seasonals.

So seasonals and PVDs are combining to deliver my stops 2 hours before I get out to my route.

I don't know about you, but even if it is just seasonal in a rental, I want to punch in and punch out early...Not the seasonal.

We need language in the master. Otherwise next year they will be starting the seasonals (pvds or not) 4 hours before our start and seniority drivers will continue to be out till 11 p.m.
Second sentence is most important. They aren't required to use but they also aren't required to work here. The ruling changes nothing imo.

PT Car Washer

In right to work states...
All of the PVDs are scabs.
Most of the part-timers.
Some of the drivers.

Cannot make them join or pay dues. Of course, when they are suspended, get in an accident, or are seriously injured they sure wish they signed up!
Kind of hard to get employees to voluntarily pay Union dues for a minimum wage job with no benefits. Most could go to McDonalds and make more money. With benefits.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thanks Bubblehead - that was an interesting read. Apparently, the decision was applicable only to 2019 and the remedies were referred back to the parties. It does create some precedence, I would imagine, but is only applicable to 804 and for 2019 peak season.
So the Teamsters couldn’t get out in front of this once they figured out it was only for
LU 804 and 2019
Who dropped the ball

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So the Teamsters couldn’t get out in front of this once they figured out it was only for
LU 804 and 2019
Who dropped the ball
A better question would be why was this the only language added to the present CBA in regards to PVD's when they become an issue during the Peak Season of 2017?

Screenshot_20211125-195513_Hancom Office.jpg

FromOffTheStreets

So in the future without the pvd's they'll just hire them as seasonal drivers but not have any vehicles to put them in & give rpcds all that work back?

It seems to me this is all about a vehicle issue, we can't get enough for peak season so we have pvds use theirs.

Idk, I'd rather get home with 9 hours through peak rather than 12.

Whither

Scofflaw
Oh my goodness,
I saw your signature ... MPLS 1934
My dad was part of that strike/riot.
He worked downtown MPLS
Tear gas, busted heads...
He lost his job, but not his life.

Our strike at UPS in 1997 was very tame in comparison.
I would love to hear any stories of his that you're willing to share!

It's my signature because people have mostly forgotten what it took to win a decent way of life and some rights at work. While it's a different time, and we all hope it never comes to risking life or limb on the streets, it's hard to think that this country isn't heading that direction ...