Qualifying to be red circled

kxs783kms

kxs783
I'm a cover driver who's about to hit my 30 days driving. My question is, if I drive over 30 days, does that mean that I'm automatically qualified and locked in to be red circled at the $32/hr rate? Or is there a situation where they would allow me to keep driving past 30 days and not be qualified to be red circled at that rate? I ask because it would make no sense for me to accept a 22.4 position(which I'm next in line for) if it's going to take me down to $20/hr. Wouldn't it be smarter for me to stay a cover driver?

kxs783kms

kxs783
you don’t want jumped though ...30 days and full-time already? wow

My building is a new facility that just opened in September 2019. I was in the first group to be hired on and worked through peak, etc. Now because of the pandemic, a lot of us who just got hired are getting the opportunity to drive.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
everyone said “IM NOT SIGNING IT!” at first here too......then everyone signed it...I see tues-sat in your future

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I’ve been driving almost 4 years and I’m still not even $30+ an hour. Cover drivers get red circled after thirty days? That’s creative. Gonna need you to cover my pickups and take 30 stops off me thanks bud.

reginald95

In the new contract if you went through one probationary period, you're not required to go through another one again. You should have already qualified.

kxs783kms

kxs783
Are you currently qualifying or are you driving seasonally?

I was hired on as a pre-loader in September. Passed Intergrad in Feb. and came out as an Air driver but started doing cover routes about a month or so after. I would pre-load and then go out and cover a route until I ran out of time. I just got the TCD title 2 weeks ago but as I mentioned, I was doing cover routes before I got that title, so from my understanding, that's when my days actually started. But for the past 2 weeks, I've been strictly driving cover and not preloading.

Dough99

I'm a cover driver who's about to hit my 30 days driving. My question is, if I drive over 30 days, does that mean that I'm automatically qualified and locked in to be red circled at the $32/hr rate? Or is there a situation where they would allow me to keep driving past 30 days and not be qualified to be red circled at that rate? I ask because it would make no sense for me to accept a 22.4 position(which I'm next in line for) if it's going to take me down to $20/hr. Wouldn't it be smarter for me to stay a cover driver?
You get circled at $32 until progression catches up to it

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I was hired on as a pre-loader in September. Passed Intergrad in Feb. and came out as an Air driver but started doing cover routes shortly after. I would pre-load and then go out and cover a route until I ran out of time. I just got the TCD title 2 weeks ago but as I mentioned, I was doing cover routes before I got that title, so from my understanding, that's when my days actually started. But for the past 2 weeks, I've been strictly driving cover and not preloading.
Do you have a beard?

kxs783kms

kxs783
You get circled at $32 until progression catches up to it

That's what I read up on. Just didn't know if there was any paperwork that stated I was qualified that I needed to sign or if it was something that just automatically happened when it's time for me to move up to full time.

Dough99

That's what I read up on. Just didn't know if there was any paperwork that stated I was qualified that I needed to sign or if it was something that just automatically happened when it's time for me to move up to full time.
Automatically.. half the time they don’t even who are cover drivers are