Qualifying

Ragan228

Sorry if a similar question has been answered before but I need some help. Me and along with 2 other drivers in my center have been qualifying since June. We have been done with our “books” for well over a month and have been worked and thrown on many random routes since then. We are all being told our books/packets just need to be signed off on by district/regional managers but other than that there is no update. I am just worried that we will enter peak and they will say that they can’t qualify us because it’s peak. Can they do that if we are already done on a training route and are we in fact actually qualified if we have all been doing new routes? Thank you.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sorry if a similar question has been answered before but I need some help. Me and along with 2 other drivers in my center have been qualifying since June. We have been done with our “books” for well over a month and have been worked and thrown on many random routes since then. We are all being told our books/packets just need to be signed off on by district/regional managers but other than that there is no update. I am just worried that we will enter peak and they will say that they can’t qualify us because it’s peak. Can they do that if we are already done on a training route and are we in fact actually qualified if we have all been doing new routes? Thank you.
You’re in it sounds like. What are you getting paid though.

Ragan228

I believe we were being held up by our center manager who literally retired a week ago. But going in every day and seeing our names still in progression is disheartening. Other drivers have told us that we are in from what they have heard but I just want to know officially and don’t know who to go to. Even our union Steward will ask us if we are qualified yet. Like shouldn’t he know?

Ragan228

I am also paying union dues now too. But I’m not sure how that plays a role since you become union from working inside too which I have also done in the last few months. I am an off-street hire.

Up In Smoke

I believe we were being held up by our center manager who literally retired a week ago. But going in every day and seeing our names still in progression is disheartening. Other drivers have told us that we are in from what they have heard but I just want to know officially and don’t know who to go to. Even our union Steward will ask us if we are qualified yet. Like shouldn’t he know?
Your steward should absolutely know, and if not can find out. Your Business Agent would also have you on a seniority list.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
If you’ve worked 31 days here during free period you are automatically qualified. Management likes to ignore their dates and training. A lot of people make it simply by default even if management wants to DQ them. Too late should’ve paid attention.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
If you’ve worked 31 days here during free period you are automatically qualified. Management likes to ignore their dates and training. A lot of people make it simply by default even if management wants to DQ them. Too late should’ve paid attention.
We have a driver that’s been driving for 5 years everyday he still won’t get an answer if he’s qualified.

🧔✊

MrBates

Your in. Time to slow down....I mean...work "safer"...

DriverNerd

Same thing happens here. One time they sent a driver packing after he made it. He grieved it and he's now got a year in.