Question about hiring process

Throwaway_4775

Just curious about how my hiring process is going. I recently applied online thru the ups website, and it had me take an assessment. It was “games” and I was notified that I had passed. I am uncertain if this means I got the job, because it is telling me to schedule for a fingerprint appointment. My question is because there were no available appointments, I sent a message to HR thru the “contact us” on the website and I received a call from what seems like a personal number? He said he was part of HR, and we scheduled to meet at a ups facility for the biometrics and told me to bring two forms of ID. I’m just a bit confused and was wondering if this is legitimate? Haven’t received any email regarding the situation. Just this phone call.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Just curious about how my hiring process is going. I recently applied online thru the ups website, and it had me take an assessment. It was “games” and I was notified that I had passed. I am uncertain if this means I got the job, because it is telling me to schedule for a fingerprint appointment. My question is because there were no available appointments, I sent a message to HR thru the “contact us” on the website and I received a call from what seems like a personal number? He said he was part of HR, and we scheduled to meet at a ups facility for the biometrics and told me to bring two forms of ID. I’m just a bit confused and was wondering if this is legitimate? Haven’t received any email regarding the situation. Just this phone call.
Why not go meet and find out
FYI keep yo booty against the wall

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Assessments? fingerprint appointment? Biometrics? 2 forms of ID? … you sure you applied at ups and not for the CIA? Wtf

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
Sounds to me like you applied for a job at an airport hub. I would do what the HR guy said.

JustDeliverIt

The call was legit, there is no HR department at many buildings any more. They have regionalized it and are calling from a company paid cell phone. If you passed the online assessment game then you have the job.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
66A2C0BF-7D09-4099-AFFA-F905ACB323AE.jpeg

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
I received several emails, calls and texts all repeating the same info of start date, location, wear boots and bring water when I got hired too.

What I’ve come to realize is that UPS treats you like a semi-retarded child that is constantly at risk of hurting themselves. It doesn’t stop once you’re onboarded. Then it’s the DOKs and assessments during the first 30 days. After that it’s the mandatory “mentoring” which just repeats the DOKs pretty much.

As long as you show up to work on time every day, do your job safely and don’t bitch people will think you’re a golden god. I’ve never worked somewhere with such low expectations from their employees that just showing up makes you stand out. Good luck!