Question about new pay for pt'ers

A

ananymous

Hi. I am currently a pt loader and am making 9.50 an hour. under the new contract, how much would I be making about? I read that we were getting a 6.00 an hour raise, but that seems too high. Any help would be appreciated.

kingOFchester

Hi. I am currently a pt loader and am making 9.50 an hour. under the new contract, how much would I be making about? I read that we were getting a 6.00 an hour raise, but that seems too high. Any help would be appreciated.
6.00 an hour........ NOT. Love to see that. Where did you see that?

A

Anonymous 1

6.00 an hour........ NOT. Love to see that. Where did you see that?

Over here : Wall Street Journal: A Tentative 6-Year Agreement With Teamsters Stabilizes UPS (Jul. 17, 2002)

It says "$6-an-hour pay raise for part-time workers, reducing the wage gap between full-time and part-time employees". I didn't know how else to interpret that besides we're getting a 6 dollar an hour raise. Can any tell me how much of a raise i'll actually be getting?

brownrodster

Don't expect much, if anything.

Best I've heard is 2$ raise after making seniority instead of the current 1$ raise.. Same starting pay.

Nitelite

That is referring to the wage gain over the span of the current contract for part timers. Over the course of the contract (from 2002-2008), part timers will gain $6 while full timers get $5. Somehow, that $1 difference is supposed to help close the gap.