Question about snow

PT Car Washer

My building has only closed a couple times for snow. What else are you going to do when loads can't move and employees can't make it in to work.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I always thought they just found people in the hub on snow days that are willing to lend a helping hand throughout the day.

View attachment 20834

People are great when it snows. I had people pushing me on Wednesday trying to get me unstuck. Didn't work though. But then the guy tied a rope from his pickup to my truck. Free! They even tried to get me to come inside for a pulled pork sandwich.

box_beeyotch

Even with a substantial amount of snow on the ground, they will probably dispatch what they can for whoever shows up that day. I've never seen them shut down for snow.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Only once I can remember, about 3 yrs ago. I think I was doing about 5 per hour, sent my late air out with a rookie, that was shaking like a leaf on a windy autumn day, then they told us to bring it in 3pm, I believe.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
If it snows a lot and theres a lot of ice on ground and roads are real hazardous, ill deliver to 415 or so and make sure im in by dark at 5 or 515 to center. I don't play around with it at all especially the fact that its 2 times more dangerous delivering in the dark in those conditions. I got a 45 min normal ride to work and its more like an hour to hour and a half ride home all depending on the conditions of the road. Im the farthest guy south that works there. Funny how they try and bust my chops if I call in when it snows or if roads are super icy in the morning. And the fact that I got like 4 or 5 back roads to travel just to get to the highway where its remotely safe to drive. Im just like you idiots im the farthest guy that lives south of the center and your going to bust my balls and I never ever call in. People are unbelievable for real lol. Gotta worry bout getting there and getting home with that longasczz ride in poopy weather lol.

watdaflock?

I love snow and ice! We don't close and Louisville drivers are slow as eff' in bad weather.

We get paid to sit around....errr, "check our loads" waiting for their late trailers.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
If it snows a lot and theres a lot of ice on ground and roads are real hazardous, ill deliver to 415 or so and make sure im in by dark at 5 or 515 to center. I don't play around with it at all especially the fact that its 2 times more dangerous delivering in the dark in those conditions. I got a 45 min normal ride to work and its more like an hour to hour and a half ride home all depending on the conditions of the road. Im the farthest guy south that works there. Funny how they try and bust my chops if I call in when it snows or if roads are super icy in the morning. And the fact that I got like 4 or 5 back roads to travel just to get to the highway where its remotely safe to drive. Im just like you idiots im the farthest guy that lives south of the center and your going to bust my balls and I never ever call in. People are unbelievable for real lol. Gotta worry bout getting there and getting home with that longasczz ride in poopy weather lol.
Im the person who lives the furthest south, are you my neighbor? And my roads are all masterpieces to drive on ice and snow. So I hear ya. I usually go in even tho hubby says NO. Its easy money. What can they expect from you really?

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
No, you will go out and work 8 hours then they will call you back to building and then spend 1/2 hour sheeting what you did not deliver EC

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
My building 'closed' 3 times last year due to county snow emergencies
Well, we can't deliver if the government (county, state, whatever) declares a state of emergency and closes the roads. Here if the Governor closes the highways the company has to call us in. They wait for the last minute though.

Ring Sport

Well, we can't deliver if the government (county, state, whatever) declares a state of emergency and closes the roads. Here if the Governor closes the highways the company has to call us in. They wait for the last minute though.

Remember a long time ago when the Governor of Kentucky told UPS they weren't working and shut down the air hub. The only Saturday I have been forced to work, as well as one of the easiest days as a whole, to play catch up.

box_beeyotch

We had state of emergency once last year for like 16 inches and they still made us come in and we worked a full day. Before I had my Subaru, if I tried to call off for snow, I had supervisors offer to drive out in their Honda civic to pick me up. Sure, go right ahead hahaha.