Question about sorting/vacation

so right before peak I passed my sort test and was moved up to the sort aisle from the unload. When it came time to submit vacation weeks I had the least seniority so I got a crappy week

This past week after peak they moved me back to the unload where I have the most seniority. Would this be a reasonable argument to go back to the sort aisle given I picked my vacation with them?

Thinking about talking to our steward

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
so right before peak I passed my sort test and was moved up to the sort aisle from the unload. When it came time to submit vacation weeks I had the least seniority so I got a crappy week

This past week after peak they moved me back to the unload where I have the most seniority. Would this be a reasonable argument to go back to the sort aisle given I picked my vacation with them?

Thinking about talking to our steward
Vacations are building seniority. So SOL.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

Nope.

You were most likely the least senior on the sort aisle, and not needed, hence you got bumped back to unload.

Crappy deal, yes, but you cannot force them to put you back on the sort aisle unless a lower seniority employee is there.

I know some guys that went to feeders before peak, had to pick vacations in feeders.

Low seniority and crappy weeks.

They are now back in packages, very high seniority, but still stuck with the crappy vacation weeks picked from the bottom of the seniority list in feeders.

The nature of the beast.

polyp

Don't go to the sort aisle sup. If you haven't gotten placed back into your preferred position around the time you want to take your vacation, go to the unload sup. Ask if you can move your vacation. Don't make it a fight, don't make it about seniority. Just ask if you can move it once you are a few weeks out.

Contractually you are stuck, but the only times I've seen hub supervisors not be willing to move vacations around are if they are seriously hurting for staffing or if the area and their supervisors are openly hostile with each other.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Don't go to the sort aisle sup. If you haven't gotten placed back into your preferred position around the time you want to take your vacation, go to the unload sup. Ask if you can move your vacation. Don't make it a fight, don't make it about seniority. Just ask if you can move it once you are a few weeks out.

Contractually you are stuck, but the only times I've seen hub supervisors not be willing to move vacations around are if they are seriously hurting for staffing or if the area and their supervisors are openly hostile with each other.

Very good advice. I hope the OP remembers your words of wisdom.

22.34life

If u are the lowest seniority sorter then they can bump u back to the unload,if not file on article 48.now is there a sup sorting in ur place,odds are there is file on that,now that's the ticket.unload like the training video.sups unloading file on that,u get the idea.

If u are the lowest seniority sorter then they can bump u back to the unload,if not file on article 48.now is there a sup sorting in ur place,odds are there is file on that,now that's the ticket.unload like the training video.sups unloading file on that,u get the idea.

Yeah the supervisors sort all the time they need sorters but they probably want me more in the unload cuz I’m actually good at it