Question about the optional week

glanny

Hi - I am a part-timer and was recently told that I can no longer work during my vacation weeks. Would that also apply to the optional week, or is that different? Thanks.

MECH-II

🧔‍♂️✊
Hi - I am a part-timer and was recently told that I can no longer work during my vacation weeks. Would that also apply to the optional week, or is that different? Thanks.
Please stop working your vacations , you’re allowing UPS not to hire employees. You’re part of the problem not the solution…
🧔‍♂️✊

542thruNthru

Management does not have to allow you to work any scheduled day off unless they are allowing others with less seniority. Then you can file a grievance.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
1413659eikJ94NY.gif

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
We’ve got folks on lay off. No you can’t work on your vacation. They begged me to take this week off.

Mr. Marshall

With the new contract there is no more option week it is now sick days that may or may not be able to be used as entire week. Conflicting reports but someone I know says he was paid out for the week so it would appear you can get paid but then you might not have sick time depending on where you live.

Thebrownblob

With the new contract there is no more option week it is now sick days that may or may not be able to be used as entire week. Conflicting reports but someone I know says he was paid out for the week so it would appear you can get paid but then you might not have sick time depending on where you live.
That’s what the companies calling it but it’s still an option week and you have to designate it to be a sick week in the central. If you did not designate it that way it still just a regular option week, regardless of what the company said. Never mind the fact they still haven’t figured out how to pay anybody for this new “sick week” lol

Nah
Please stop working your vacations , you’re allowing UPS not to hire employees. You’re part of the problem not the solution…
🧔‍♂️✊
Not just that, but it screws over someone who wanted that week and couldn't get it. Only to see the person who did get it show up for work anyway.