Question for drivers in canada

ABDriver

I am just wondering. I am in Canada and as far as I am aware, Drivers start at $15.00 /hr and will make about $24 after 3 or so years. Does this sound right as $15 is far from the $24.75 listed earlier in this thread. Can someone please clarify this ??

klein

Für Meno :)
I am just wondering. I am in Canada and as far as I am aware, Drivers start at $15.00 /hr and will make about $24 after 3 or so years. Does this sound right as $15 is far from the $24.75 listed earlier in this thread. Can someone please clarify this ??

It goes by seniority. Yes, you start at $15 hr, after 6 months it's $16 hr. One year after your start date it's $17 hr. Then 2 years after your start date : $19 hr. 30 months after start date, the current hourly wage is : $24.84 (which is the top rate).

AEZL882

Actually it is $12.00 to start for 12 months, $12.50 for the second full year, $14.00 for the 6 months following and finally after labouring and eating KD and maxing out the Credit cards you can cut loose with the $24 + pay! Alberta is on a different pay structure. Lucky for them with their lower cost of living. Anyone know what the U.S. drivers are making? The new contract will be very interesting.

klein

Actually it is $12.00 to start for 12 months, $12.50 for the second full year, $14.00 for the 6 months following and finally after labouring and eating KD and maxing out the Credit cards you can cut loose with the $24 + pay! Alberta is on a different pay structure. Lucky for them with their lower cost of living. Anyone know what the U.S. drivers are making? The new contract will be very interesting.

Actually, our contract does readt that, too. But they couldn't find dummies to work for $12 / hr. So the company decided on it's own to raise those starting rates.

klein

UPS drivers in Canada :

Safeway E-Auction items are currently being shipped. Do you folks have the contract for these items ?
They range from jewlery to watches, vacuum cleaners to electronics (TV's and DVD's , home theatre systems) and more.
Most of these items are being shipped to Western Canada.

If you do have these on board, you do not need to worry about Safeway's dock (receiving) closing time.
They need to eventually go to customer service upfront, anyways, and then customers, such as myself get a phonecall from Safeway to go and pick them up.

But, I'm also wondering for another reason , too.
Because, if you do deliver these items, then I know not to expect anything on weekends or late evenings,

Thanks !

klein

I guess I just figured it out by myself (the above question).

Just picked up my first Safeway e-auction item at the store today..... sure enough has a UPS label on it.

So, there ya go, an extra 500+ packages per day to deliver for the next 3 weeks !

ManInBrown

On ups jobs Canada they have listings for FT couriers and FT drivers. Can an employee from Canada explain the difference? What would be the equivalent to package car driver in the states? Courier or driver?

DS

Fenderbender
On ups jobs Canada they have listings for FT couriers and FT drivers. Can an employee from Canada explain the difference? What would be the equivalent to package car driver in the states? Courier or driver?
This makes no sense.Could it be PT couriers and FT drivers? I'm in Toronto.
It's exactly the same.Call it what you like.

ManInBrown

This makes no sense.Could it be PT couriers and FT drivers? I'm in Toronto.
It's exactly the same.Call it what you like.

No. Both say FT. They have listings for PT walkers. FT couriers. And FT drivers. Also one of the requirements is they would like the applicant to be bilingual. If I dont speak French is that a definite no hire?

Just went back and looked. One says FT courier driver in Edmonton. And another says FT driver St. Johns. I just want to make sure I am not applying for tractor trailer driving.