Question : Optional days/week

artist

I was just wondering what happen If we don't use our optional days/week? Does it roll over? Do they cut us a check if we don't use it? Or if you don't use it you lose it? Thanks

UPSroanoke1

UPSroanoke1
you can rolll them over in our area or you can get paid at the end of the year. if you dont tell them you want this done then they will just cut you a check.

STAR

They stopped letting us cash anything out w/guys laid off, on and off, all year! They even tried to cut out all R-Days and make you burn up any time you have left on the books, including sick days. They don't want to carry any more people than they need obviously. I would guess it probably depends on the manning in your area and what ever benefits the company the most ...... You could ask HR or a Sup but you'll get two different answers the answers will change two different times.......

Ghost in the Darkness

We get paid for unused sick days but optionals you can only use or lose. I schedule all my time off (except when calling in sick on rare ocassions) and use the whatever sick days I have left late in the year. I took 3 layoff days this year when they asked me if I wanted the day off but I won't use my time I'll take them unpaid... otherwise guess who is coming in to work.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

20 years in and I have never had days left over; in fact, most years my days were gone by June. I take days off to ensure that my cover drivers get their days.

We had a cover driver bang in yesterday. He is out of days and put the center in a bind. He will be invited in for a "chat" Monday morning.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Three guys in my center think that they are going to sell back this weeks vacation while I sit at home and do nothing. Not gonna happen, they think that they can close out a week and now work it, on monday I will either be getting paid to sit at home or working.

Dustyroads

In the Central States you can "sell" or work through the option week. If you don't schedule it, they will cut you the 50 hour check. Likewise, if you never schedule your two optional holidays, then on May 1st, they cut you a check for those two days. No saving or carrying over in the Central States.