Questions about driving for UPS.

WCBD4U

Hello! I just had my first general interview this past Wednesday and was told that I was the only one that showed up for the informational tour.
The woman explained pay, hours, and all that...then took my information to run my DMV background and told me that I'd be hired to cover drivers' vacation routes and I'd be full time from May thru January, then from January thru May I'd work in the warehouse part-time from 5PM till 9PM. I am completely fine with that schedule... She also mentioned that the manager wasn't in that day to do an interview with me but she'd contact me with a day and time for that interview. I haven't heard back, but I'm thinking maybe they're waiting for the DMV history to come back. She said that they would send me out if town for training and the next class is Sept. 10-14, and hotel check in would be the 9th. (I am in PA) I can't remember the city she said training would be in.

My question is, would I be considered seasonal or temporary?? When would I be considered to have reached "book" as I've seen it called?? If I'm assuming correctly, book means being Union? If I'm wrong. Let me know.
Sorry for the long post...

CoolStoryBro

You will be a part time, permanent employee by what you have described. However you will be on call and possible even scheduled for full time hours during portions of may to january. And strictly part time hours from january to may.