Questions about UPS hire process

AwashBwashCwash

@UrFellowUpser thanks so much for the advice.
I've been a gym goer for 6 months. Never thought that could help me in this situation... haha.
@Zowert This center is just 5 mins driving from where I live. If I get the job, I'd try not to be late.

Alright listen up you little runt it sounds like you got the job so I'm gonna give you a word of advice so pay attention.
Now I can tell from your choice of avatar that you are what they call a "sensitive man" so you're someone in particular who needs to hear this. Just be advised, there are things you are going to have to do at UPS that will change you. We handle packages for a living. How serious could it be, right? They're just boxes. Well, there are boxes that you will never forget. That first time you throw little Susie's Christmas present on the ground and you hear a vague smashing sound, do you stop to check it? Or do you keep moving because the belt keeps moving and your sup is screaming at you to go faster. Those are the two types of people in the world. Guess which type doesn't make it. Do you have a family? A mom? Wife and kids? They might not recognize you a year from now. Ask yourself if that's worth it man.

40 and out

There were a couple of old timers in my center that would come in 2 hours before start time. Drank coffee, read the newspaper and bitched about work. In my opinion they were flippin nuts. I show up 5 minutes before start time.

@UrFellowUpser thanks so much for the advice.
I've been a gym goer for 6 months. Never thought that could help me in this situation... haha.
@Zowert This center is just 5 mins driving from where I live. If I get the job, I'd try not to be late.

Walk it or bike it and eventually run it. It's a great warmup and you can get stretches in before your shift. I can get to work in 5 on my bike or 15 in the car and I'm a million ways better for it.

Also joined a gym and changed my diet drastically. I'm in much better shape now than in my entire life. If you want work to be easier then work your body and view work as a paid workout. It helps..

ravic

Alright listen up you little runt it sounds like you got the job so I'm gonna give you a word of advice so pay attention.
Now I can tell from your choice of avatar that you are what they call a "sensitive man" so you're someone in particular who needs to hear this. Just be advised, there are things you are going to have to do at UPS that will change you. We handle packages for a living. How serious could it be, right? They're just boxes. Well, there are boxes that you will never forget. That first time you throw little Susie's Christmas present on the ground and you hear a vague smashing sound, do you stop to check it? Or do you keep moving because the belt keeps moving and your sup is screaming at you to go faster. Those are the two types of people in the world. Guess which type doesn't make it. Do you have a family? A mom? Wife and kids? They might not recognize you a year from now. Ask yourself if that's worth it man.

Thanks for your advice. Wow, that's very detailed. Much appreciated.
But as I said, he used the word: "might". Well, it does not guarantee that I'm already hired,...So I'd prepare for the worst.
I live here in Texas by myself, It's my 4th years in The States. I am single and yeah, I don't have much friends either. So I guess nobody would bat an eye on my changes.
I'll take your advice about "2 types of people" seriously If I were to hired. And well, my avatar is just a meme from internet and I find it's funny. But some of my friend back in my hometown did call me "sensitive" too. You are such experienced, sir.

ravic

Hi guys, hope everyone having a great weekend.
I got the job, been working for 4 days now. Today is the 1st day I got full 4 hours shift.
As I expected, hard work, fast face. I am still struggling to not to make it difficult for the drivers to find the packages,cause it slows me down a bit.
Hope next week will get better. Thanks everyone for ya' replies and advice.
Nice weekend.

UrFellowUpser

Hi guys, hope everyone having a great weekend.
I got the job, been working for 4 days now. Today is the 1st day I got full 4 hours shift.
As I expected, hard work, fast face. I am still struggling to not to make it difficult for the drivers to find the packages,cause it slows me down a bit.
Hope next week will get better. Thanks everyone for ya' replies and advice.
Nice weekend.
Its a rough job only the few can stick with it. Just find a rhythm and stick with it. Dont worry what the drivers say because any driver should be able to find that package no matter how messed up the load is because i know i do. Just get it on the truck and dont misload that much

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
Double check the PAL b4 loading onto the correct shelf or floor. The harder and faster you work...the more work sups will put on you till you reach a breaking point. Work at a safe and comfortable pace.

Mack37

Getting a bonus just for coming to work, UPS is so sad sometimes.

I was in HR to get a new ID card and you should have seen the group in there for the first day of orientation. Tank tops, flip flops, sagging pants and everyone on their phones. Very sad.

When I did orientation, it was polishable shoes/boots, slacks and a nice shirt tucked in. What the hell is wrong with people?

Indecisi0n

I was in HR to get a new ID card and you should have seen the group in there for the first day of orientation. Tank tops, flip flops, sagging pants and everyone on their phones. Very sad.

When I did orientation, it was polishable shoes/boots, slacks and a nice shirt tucked in. What the hell is wrong with people?
UPS gets what they pay for.