Quick question. Anyone know where in the book this is located?

PeasAndCarrots

If a center route is in a certain amount of times throughout the last year or since the last time all routes were bid, that route is supposed to go up for bid when all of the routes go up for bid.

I'm most likely butchering the wording but hopefully you get the idea. I searched the contract for keywords and couldn't find anything. I figured it would be under seniority but I didn't see it.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I believe it's if the route is in 3 days per week for a month straight then it has to go up for bid. But it could be supplemental and be different nation wide.

542thruNthru

If a center route is in a certain amount of times throughout the last year or since the last time all routes were bid, that route is supposed to go up for bid when all of the routes go up for bid.

I'm most likely butchering the wording but hopefully you get the idea. I searched the contract for keywords and couldn't find anything. I figured it would be under seniority but I didn't see it.

If you provide a little info on what area you are I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

Here the route has to be in 3 days a week for a month. Though we do not rebid routes ever so this may not be the same for you.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Western Supplement, Article 6 Section 2.

"A permanent vacancy shall be described as an area that is delivered three (3) days a week for a thirty (30) day period, excluding those extra areas established during peak season."

PeasAndCarrots

If you provide a little info on what area you are I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

Here the route has to be in 3 days a week for a month. Though we do not rebid routes ever so this may not be the same for you.

Thanks, I'm in the Southern Region, local 568.

Western Supplement, Article 6 Section 2.

"A permanent vacancy shall be described as an area that is delivered three (3) days a week for a thirty (30) day period, excluding those extra areas established during peak season."

Great to see that somewhere at least. I still couldn't find it using those keywords although I'm sure it's there somewhere. From the wording of that, it sounds like they should be put up for bid immediately following the 30 day period and not wait until all routes go back up. Is this correct where you are?

LeadBelly

Banned
Thanks, I'm in the Southern Region, local 568.

Great to see that somewhere at least. I still couldn't find it using those keywords although I'm sure it's there somewhere. From the wording of that, it sounds like they should be put up for bid immediately following the 30 day period and not wait until all routes go back up. Is this correct where you are?
You are in a southern supplement. That particular language is from a western supplement.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

This is the language you seek, from the Southern supplement.

SECTION 6 - PACKAGE DRIVERS - JOB SELECTION

(A) Bid Routes: All routes shall be bid.

(B) The Employer shall designate delivery routes in all centers and they will be bid, by center, as stated in Section 6 (a) on the first Monday in February of 2015 and the first Monday in February of the last year of this agreement.

(E) A permanent new job for the purpose of this Section shall be one that has been in existence for a period of thirty (30) consecutive working days.

(friend) When a permanent vacancy or permanent new job becomes open on a delivery route in a center, it shall be posted for bid on the first Monday following it becoming open by the Employer for a period of ten (10) working days.

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/southern-region-supplement-07172014_0.pdf

These are the pertinent parts. Your understanding seems to be correct.

-Bug-

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Key words, ALL ROUTES SHALL BE BID

This doesn't mean "only if a purple turd is found on the third Tuesday of the leap month."

ALL ROUTES SHALL BE BID

File on any that aren't every day, buy a ream of copy paper, you're gunna need it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Key words, ALL ROUTES SHALL BE BID

This doesn't mean "only if a purple turd is found on the third Tuesday of the leap month."

ALL ROUTES SHALL BE BID

File on any that aren't every day, buy a ream of copy paper, you're gunna need it.
It should say all existing routes shall be bid.