Quiz # 2 teamsters quiz

P

pickup

I got 13 right. My heart sank as I hit question 10 and saw that there were more questions, . I wasn't sure if i had the concentration to get through it.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Question 17 Teamsters and Turtles gathered in Seattle, Washington to protest which one of the following?

World Trade Organization (November 1999)

my B/A was there for this, the one who wrote UPS survivor guide

there is also a movie about this out there somewere called battle in seattle
Battle-in-Seattle.jpg

Hollywood made a movie the big moguls don't want you to see—at least not in movie theaters. Instead, the big producers would love for it to go straight to DVD—maybe because the events it depicts show how union members and activists in the environmental, human rights and religious communities can successfully join together to challenge a bottom-line-only global economy. The "Battle In Seattle," which is being released in limited markets on Friday, tells the story of how those who came to Seattle in 1999 challenged the World Trade Organization (WTO) Ministerial summit in Seattle, changing the course of history.

Says Townsend:

I wanted to make this film because the Seattle protests captured many of the most important and ongoing issues of our time. But it was also an event that had largely been forgotten. When I started looking at the footage from 1999, I was amazed at the diversity. This wasn't just rich college kids, it was steelworkers, teamsters, farmers, teachers, Catholic groups, students, and environmentalists standing up and demanding their rights, their dignity.

Activists Arrive In Seattle, Washington En Masse To Protest A, Meeting Of The World Trade Organization. Riots And Chaos Ensue, As Demonstrators Successfully Sto...p The Wto Meetings

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
10---- Between the UPS test and this one I'm really feeling stupid. I better check in at the Holiday Inn Express.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Question 17 Teamsters and Turtles gathered in Seattle, Washington to protest which one of the following?

World Trade Organization (November 1999)

my B/A was there for this, the one who wrote UPS survivor guide

there is also a movie about this out there somewere called battle in seattle
Battle-in-Seattle.jpg

Hollywood made a movie the big moguls don't want you to see—at least not in movie theaters. Instead, the big producers would love for it to go straight to DVD—maybe because the events it depicts show how union members and activists in the environmental, human rights and religious communities can successfully join together to challenge a bottom-line-only global economy. The "Battle In Seattle," which is being released in limited markets on Friday, tells the story of how those who came to Seattle in 1999 challenged the World Trade Organization (WTO) Ministerial summit in Seattle, changing the course of history.

Says Townsend:

I wanted to make this film because the Seattle protests captured many of the most important and ongoing issues of our time. But it was also an event that had largely been forgotten. When I started looking at the footage from 1999, I was amazed at the diversity. This wasn't just rich college kids, it was steelworkers, teamsters, farmers, teachers, Catholic groups, students, and environmentalists standing up and demanding their rights, their dignity.

Activists Arrive In Seattle, Washington En Masse To Protest A, Meeting Of The World Trade Organization. Riots And Chaos Ensue, As Demonstrators Successfully Sto...p The Wto Meetings

this movie comes out next month

Was anyone from B/C there in 1999

They say every teamster should see this movie,

and knowing someone who was there make me want to see it.

bluehdmc

14, Interesting, not really up on Teamsters history, thought union had been around longer. Never heard of Daniel Tobin.

ups_vette

18 of 21 correct on Teamster test. Not bad for a retired UPS manager. However, as I stated before, my family were all strong teamster members, including shop stewerts and a Business Agent.

I did a little better on the UPS test 9 of 10 correct.