Quotations on this site

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I have had numerous people ask me how to quote part of the post without quoting the whole darn thing. PRetty simple.

Right above the dialog square box where you type, there are a lot of symbols. One is the # symbol. To the left you will see a balloon symbol like the one shown below.

What you want to do is the following.

the part you want to quote, highlight it using the mouse and right click the highlighted area. then click copy. Then go to the dialog box, click the balloon, and you will see this

What you want to do is put the cursor inside the ][ and then hit your left mouse key and click paste

What you will see is the following

the important information you are directly responding to
Then type your response to the quote. You can repeat this as many time as you need. That way, if you are responding only to one section of the post, you dont need to fill in a bunch of space quoting the whole thing

d
quote.gif

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I will hit the "quote" tab, then usually just use the "Backspace" key between the [quotes] and delete the parts I don't want to use. I'm just a dumb truck driver too.:raspberry-tounge:

moreluck

golden ticket member
I usually just copy & paste the portion of the post I want to use and just put quotation marks before & after.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I usually just use the "Backspace" key between the [quotes] and delete the parts I don't want to use. I'm just a dumb truck driver too.:raspberry-tounge:

I'm with you. I hit the quote button and then delete the parts that I don't want to quote. By far the easiest way.

browniehound

I have had numerous people ask me how to quote part of the post without quoting the whole darn thing. PRetty simple.

Right above the dialog square box where you type, there are a lot of symbols. One is the # symbol. To the left you will see a balloon symbol like the one shown below.

What you want to do is the following.

the part you want to quote, highlight it using the mouse and right click the highlighted area. then click copy. Then go to the dialog box, click the balloon, and you will see this

What you want to do is put the cursor inside the ][ and then hit your left mouse key and click paste

What you will see is the following

the important information you are directly responding to
Then type your response to the quote. You can repeat this as many time as you need. That way, if you are responding only to one section of the post, you dont need to fill in a bunch of space quoting the whole thing

d

Danny,
I'm just doing a test here to see If I did it right.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'm great at hitting the delete key. I would of been banned years ago if it I wasn't. Sometimes emotions get ahead of the ol brain so the delete key gets priority over the submit key:happy2: