Radio Shack as an Access Point? Seriously? ???

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I haven't been to one physically in years... sure did deliver to them sporadically when i had some ghetto routes in the past.

Now they gonna play like Fedex Office or a UPS Store and hold stuff for customers? !?

Side step, Kmart still in business? Never been in one as well.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Ha! Radio Shack....I thought they were going down the same path as such institutions as Blockbuster and Fotomat.

Star B

White Lightening
some ratshacks carry the brand. I knew of a few out here in the sticks. "Cow Dung Electronics & Radio Shack"

bacha29

Radio Shack filed for bankruptcy a few years ago. I think a private equity group owns it now but most "Shacks" are franchised. They have all but disappeared and when was the last time you saw a Radio Shack national advertising campaign ? There was one in my area. Don't know if it's still there. The manager at the time told me this story. The day before this Amish guy walks in and according to what they call a religion everyone in the "order" is required to reject modern convenience's and "English" technology. He pulls out his I-phone that he has hidden in his back pocket and under his long coat so the elder wouldn't catch him with it unless he did a full body cavity search. He couldn't get it to work. The manager showed him how to use it. So the next day the manager to me. "This would be the perfect ad campaign slogan. Iphone a device so good you'll go to hell for it".

Purplepackage

I haven't been to one physically in years... sure did deliver to them sporadically when i had some ghetto routes in the past.

Now they gonna play like Fedex Office or a UPS Store and hold stuff for customers? !?

We have 2 radio shacks that are now hold locations (realistically we only 2 radio shacks in the area my station covers). One of them is in the area I live in and I swear I can't figure out how it's still open, it blows my mind

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Simple. Radio Shack was the cheapest option. Quality and convenience mean zero.