Rain gear not supplied for drivers?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I don't even bother with rain gear myself. I just get wet. Once it stops raining the browns dry pretty quickly.

Same here. When it's hot out and everyone has rain gear on I laugh. I would much rather be wet from rain then from sweat with the long sleeve jacket on.

bigblu 2 you

take a driver release bag,poke three holes in it and get back to work.the 13 million dollar man,scott davis is watching you!i only do this in heavy down pours with long walks.sometimes i keep a spare jacket and interchange them.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
GS told me you HATE helpers and they always had to force one on you,he said you gave them fits haha

Thats true, I refused them for years in my younger days. I could knock out 200 stops by myself and get done by 5:30. Most of my Helpers have been more trouble than they were worth, they would actually slow me down. I went through six of them one December a couple of years ago. The few times I had a good Helper who would run, we did great. I average 17-18 stops an hour during most of the year by myself, I go for 30 stops an hour with a Helper. I have done over 40 stops an hour before with a Helper. I have the record for being the most productive Helper Team in my Center for years. I know how to work the crap out of people and my management team always wonders how I do it. Thanks to telematics, my peak methods have had to change...........lets just say I now do less stops an hour.

Yes I do use an umbrella in heavy rain. I hate sitting on a wet seat caused by a wet raincoat. Every great once in a while I will actually get wet with an oversize box if I have to. thats few a far between though. You can laugh if you want, but I know how to stay dry.

rod

Retired 22 years
If it was raining super hard I would just stay in my truck and sort my load or twiddle my thumbs----Mama didn't raise no fool. I never found any rain gear that you could actually work in without working up a dirty sweat.

If it was raining super hard I would just stay in my truck and sort my load or twiddle my thumbs----Mama didn't raise no fool. I never found any rain gear that you could actually work in without working up a dirty sweat.
This is by I go Mary Poppins with an umbrella.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
it is 3M water resistant

The "3M" stands for "3 Minutes", which is about how long it will keep the water from soaking through the fabric.

Decent rain gear for our job needs to be breathable, which means Gore Tex, which is a Latin word for "expensive." Cheap rubber/vinyl rainsuits might keep the water out, but they also keep your perspiration in so you wind up getting soaked anyway with your own sweat. I have been delivering in one of the rainiest places in the country...Oregon...for 25 years now and I have never worn rain gear on the job. When it rains, I just get wet and deal with it.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I love the rain, especially during the summer. Winter is not so much fun but I still don't mind it. During the summer, I'm out in it as much as possible. During the winter, I'm a little more judicious about it but the work has to get done.

packageguy

Why doesn't UPS supply rain coats for it's drivers.. A few guys at my center have some from like 10 years ago? Any reason for this? Or is there a place we can buy some on the Upsers site?

I first bought my rain gear about 19 years ago, pants and jacket, If i wore it it 5 times in 19 years is alot, 1st it makes you sweat more, It's better to get wet and when it stops rainning you dry of quickly. I have not seen it any books to order.. good luck

Cementups

Box Monkey
The "3M" stands for "3 Minutes", which is about how long it will keep the water from soaking through the fabric.

Decent rain gear for our job needs to be breathable, which means Gore Tex, which is a Latin word for "expensive." Cheap rubber/vinyl rainsuits might keep the water out, but they also keep your perspiration in so you wind up getting soaked anyway with your own sweat. I have been delivering in one of the rainiest places in the country...Oregon...for 25 years now and I have never worn rain gear on the job. When it rains, I just get wet and deal with it.

That was amusing. But since you struck my curiosity I had to look up what 3M really stood for. The Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Company. You're welcome. ;)

CharleyHustle

Rain? I thought that's why God created the lunch break? Actually I'm with Dilli, rain keeps a lot of the amateurs (who wont go out in it) off the roads.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I've never been soaked through. I have the old Riverside jackets though...the new ones are poop. Plus I work in Washington and we know a little something about rain over here. I'm never in it for very long. I'd advise ordering a second jacket if you can pry the purse strings open from management and rotate through them throughout the day.

Buck Fifty

They do supply rain gear at our hub. They call them DR bags. If the rain gets heavy and I'm out of lunch, that's what I use.