Raise?

Grouchy

Hi guys, Ive been working at my ups since late July and since then I've been on a 3 truck pull as a preloader (@ $8.50)
however, today I was given a 4th truck...now, am I entitled for a raise or do I have to wait a year?
If I don't get one then I'll just ask to go back to my normal pull.

frivolous petty small.

Article 22, Section 5, Part B. Page 65
(b) Newly hired part-time employees All part-time employees,
who are hired or reach seniority after August 1, 2008 will be paid according to the following wage schedules:

Hourly Rate
Preloader & Sorter All Others Start

$9.50 $8.50 Start plus ninety (90) calendar days $10.50 $9.50
Seniority plus one (1) year $11.00 $10.00
Seniority plus two (2) years $11.50 $10.50
Seniority plus three (3) years $12.00 $11.00
Seniority plus four (4) years $12.87 $11.80

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You should be making $9.50/hr as a preloader. I personally would grieve three or four months of missing $1/hr.

As of 90 calender days, you should be at $10.50/hr.

Whether you load one car or one hundred, you receive the same rate of pay as everyone else with your seniority.

packageguy

Hi guys, Ive been working at my ups since late July and since then I've been on a 3 truck pull as a preloader (@ $8.50)
however, today I was given a 4th truck...now, am I entitled for a raise or do I have to wait a year?

WOW good luck with this..

Justaname

Ask your sup to take the truck off you, then tell us what he said. Im sure I already know.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less

You get paid by the hour, your union does not recognize production standards, piece work, or so-called merit pay.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I think you should strike ! It all seriousness you you should have a $9.50 base and be in progression. Get a hold of your steward to correct your pay. With regard to the extra truck do your best but do not refuse to do it. Work as directed.

Justaname

I think you should strike ! It all seriousness you you should have a $9.50 base and be in progression. Get a hold of your steward to correct your pay. With regard to the extra truck do your best but do not refuse to do it. Work as directed.
Im starting to learn that I should just wait for you to reply to part time concerns and then just like your comment.

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Usually after chronic miss-loads and half your pull ending up at the bottom of the belt they will figure out the work load is to heavy. At UPS no good deed goes unpunished.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Department-of-redundancy-department.gif

kingOFchester

Do what our preload does when they get a 4th truck. Concentrate on the first 3 and just throw all the packages for the 4th truck on the slide. Then 20 minutes before we pull, there will be a frantic sup yelling at the preload to "just get it in the truck".

Remember, where in the truck doesn't matter. Just get it in the truck. UPS will pay a driver 47ish and hour in OT when he is on area looking for packages. Doesn't matter because they saved 9.50 and hour in the morning. Us laborers don't understand finances.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Most every preload "pull" in our building is four cars (excluding a few obvious exceptions like TP-60 or 24 footer). The last pull I worked on preload was ~1100 pc, 4 car. Also the hour lunch was from 6am-7am as cages fill up. asinine.

UPSGUY72

You want a pay raise because you were given more work???

yes, because there's other newly hires getting paid the same and only have a 3 truck pull.

Im not gunna bust my ass for ****ty pay.

I know I have rights.

Yes you have rights. You apparently don't have a clue what they are. Get a copy of the contract and read it. The amount of work you do has no influence on what you get paid. Welcome to the union.

UPSGUY72

I called your boss today and talk to him about you pay. He told me that on Monday if your working your going to be making either $23.75 or $26.25 hr for the first 4 hrs of your shift he wasn't quite sure what the rate was going to be he had to talk to the HR. I hope your happy...

Justaname

I called your boss today and talk to him about you pay. He told me that on Monday if your working your going to be making either $23.75 or $26.25 hr for the first 4 hrs of your shift he wasn't quite sure what the rate was going to be he had to talk to the HR. I hope your happy...
Call mine too please I pull 5 cars. I'll be happy with anything over $ 40 per hour. Oh and if you could get him to have a cooler of beer to that'd be terrific. Thanks.

UPSGUY72

Call mine too please I pull 5 cars. I'll be happy with anything over $ 40 per hour. Oh and if you could get him to have a cooler of beer to that'd be terrific. Thanks.

Sorry it the weekend I couldn't get of hold of them. However I got to talk to mine Friday night he is going to pay me $79.46 hr on Monday for the first 8 hours of work than $47.678 an hour after that.