Random Acts

HxC MADxMAN

You're not my supervisor
We've all seen the headlines where a UPS driver has done something astounding to save a life or whatever, but there are plenty of random acts of kindness that didn't make the news, yet still had an impact on someone's life. Those times a customer has done or said something to brighten our day, however big or small, has been matched by a significant or insignificant act of our own. What are some proud moments of yours where you feel you went above and beyond what is expected, required, or even. Necessary?

I recently stopped by a house on my route to donate one of those igloo dog houses and a dog bed for their pooch. He would be chained up outside while they were at work, but had no shelter to keep him warm as the weather kept getting colder. Whether the owners couldn't afford one or were negligent I don't know, but I do know that each day when I drive by he's nice and warm while he waits for his family to get home.

HxC MADxMAN

You're not my supervisor
It's still there, so if they took it the wrong way it must not have been so bad that they wanted to toss it out. It's being used, so either way that's all I wanted, haha.

Rack em

Made the Podium
We've all seen the headlines where a UPS driver has done something astounding to save a life or whatever, but there are plenty of random acts of kindness that didn't make the news, yet still had an impact on someone's life. Those times a customer has done or said something to brighten our day, however big or small, has been matched by a significant or insignificant act of our own. What are some proud moments of yours where you feel you went above and beyond what is expected, required, or even. Necessary?

I recently stopped by a house on my route to donate one of those igloo dog houses and a dog bed for their pooch. He would be chained up outside while they were at work, but had no shelter to keep him warm as the weather kept getting colder. Whether the owners couldn't afford one or were negligent I don't know, but I do know that each day when I drive by he's nice and warm while he waits for his family to get home.
That is awesome man! I have the highest respect for people that treat animals the right way. I wish more people were like you.

Utility81

There is a split car I run every once in awhile that runs through some hood/ghetto areas. I've always noticed these kids playing basketball on a couple beat down portable basketball goals. I had one in my driveway that never got any use so one Saturday morning I loaded it up in the pickup and brought it out there. Left a note taped to it that it needs sand or water for the base. Like a month later it matched the other two basketball goals. Broken backboard and jacked up rim. I tried.

HxC MADxMAN

You're not my supervisor
There is a split car I run every once in awhile that runs through some hood/ghetto areas. I've always noticed these kids playing basketball on a couple beat down portable basketball goals. I had one in my driveway that never got any use so one Saturday morning I loaded it up in the pickup and brought it out there. Left a note taped to it that it needs sand or water for the base. Like a month later it matched the other two basketball goals. Broken backboard and jacked up rim. I tried.

Hopefully they got some good use and fun out of it before they jacked it up. It sucks to see a gift get taken care of carelessly like that, but at least it got some use and an act of kindness like that is sure to have had a positive impact on their lives. Good on you!