Random Christmas things

oldngray

nowhere special
this_is_what_happens.jpg

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
That's a beautiful picture....such awe and wonder in their eyes.
It was taken last night on the Cape May Seashore Lines "Starlight Santa Express" Train. The children ride in their pajama's and the Big Guy and Mrs. Claus are on board with hot chocolate and cookies and it even snowed a bit .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Vanilla Shortbread Poppers

Rolled in powdered sugar and fragrant with vanilla, these easy-to-make shortbread poppers are ideal for holiday gifting opportunities.

What You Need

1-1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 pkg. (250 g) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
2-2/3cups powdered sugar, divided
1tsp. vanilla

Make It
HEAT oven to 325ºF.

MIX flour, cornstarch and salt until blended. Beat butter, cream cheese and 2/3 cup sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Add vanilla; mix well. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing well after each addition.

ROLL dough into 1/2-inch balls; place, 1/2 inch apart, on parchment-covered baking sheets.

BAKE 25 to 28 min. or until bottoms are golden brown. Cool on baking sheets 1 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

PLACE remaining sugar in medium bowl. Add cookies, in batches; toss to evenly coat with sugar. Gently shake off excess sugar.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Oh by gosh by golly, we did the obligatory trip to the mall. It's always done at least once during the Christmas shopping season.

You know the area we refer to as the back forty at the mall parking lot? People were in their cars waiting for those primo spaces to become unoccupied.

It was the most crowded I have seen The Shops at Mission Viejo since '91. Good to see people spending money!!

Since my Fannie May Candy order won't be fulfilled this year, we stopped at See's Candy for my caramels.

I also love Bath & Body Works.....buy 3, get 3 free (lotiosn,creams,fragrances and body wash). I stocked up and got a few for gifts.

So many people, so many kids. I was glad to get out of there. And to think, when we were younger we used to spend all day in the mall....lunch and shopping and coffee and then home in time for dinner. Those were the days.