Random Facts

moreluck

golden ticket member
Yesterday, had my first ride in an ambulance. The local EMTs are handsome.(must be a condition of employment).
I'm fine. I had chemo yesterday, came home, and couldn't breathe well. I thought I was having a delayed reaction to the chemo......felt like it.
I ended up at Mission Hosp E.R. They were great, but overtaxed and slower than molasses in January.
I got a chest X-ray, a ct scan with contrast, a urine test, blood work, an ekg, etc. (1:00 to 7:00 pm.)
They protected me from the main E.R. room. I guess their conclusion was some kind of irregular heart beat.....I got some meds changed, and 2 new ones for "beat regulation".
Glad I wasn't admitted. They were talking about it.
Makes me prefer the dull, normal days here at home.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I was unaware 'til this morning that the ER doctor called at 8:30 last night.
Bob told me this morning that the doctor said I didn't have the fibralation-thing and it was most probably a delayed reaction to my chemo afterall.
He said not to fill those new prescriptions.
So, I really am OK according to their findings.
Just thought I would bring you all up to speed.

CaliforniaPaul

I was unaware 'til this morning that the ER doctor called at 8:30 last night.
Bob told me this morning that the doctor said I didn't have the fibralation-thing and it was most probably a delayed reaction to my chemo afterall.
He said not to fill those new prescriptions.
So, I really am OK according to their findings.
Just thought I would bring you all up to speed.
Good to hear, I had something similar but I was hospitalized for 6 days after passing out on day 5 after first chemo.

moreluck

golden ticket member
A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Step-by step instruction to hubby on putting together homemade chicken soup...….Italian style … for tonight's supper.
Italian style means with greens and parmesan. The greens used to be escarole, but I just use frozen chopped spinach.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Soup was delicious - my freezer likes new containers of stuff. Hubby's only comment on the all day experience was, "Progresso is easier."