Rashes and heat

herbigharo32

One thing I get occasionally is skin chafing between the thighs. Several things that do help are wearing boxer shorts instead of underwear, taking a cool shower at end of shift, and putting absorbing powder (if needed) before bed. Keep bedroom cool with a fan while using only light covers. More sever incident of skin chafing may require calling off the next day to allow healing. Doing the above, rashes and chafing resulting in missed work will be rare.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
So, I searched the forums and found a little on this topic, but really surprised it's not discussed more often.

Alot of us on preload are finding what looks like heat rash just above the sock line. Which is odd, cause you would think it would be where the socks actually touch the skin, not above it. As I am doing driver helper this week for Amazon Prime stuff on top of my regular preload duties, any tips on getting it under control?

Special socks maybe? Apply certain types of powder throughout the day? Lotions? Our managers are stumped even though they get it as well.
A & D ointment to keep the rash covered while working. Yea I know it's for baby diaper rash but it works well for heat rash and redness and chafing from sweaty clothes.

By The Book

I suffer from this same problem. You develop a rash of sorts above the sock line but below the knee. When you bend or stretch your skin it burns and irritates it.
View attachment 88068
This was from today. I've researched it and went to the dermatologist (I go anyways, have had 2 biopsies, along with two chunks taken out before they became cancer) and he said it was heat rashes, much like a baby gets. It's from the heat off the asphalt (any source really) and dirt that clogs the pores in your skin. On hot humid days you get more dirt from the moisture and you sweat more, but since your legs are clogged it creates irritation.

The only thing you can really do is try and keep your legs clean, but who are we kidding. At the end of the day I take a shower and my legs burn during and after a shower. By the next morning they feel fine and ready to start again. This generally only happens during hot, humid days.
I've had a few cortisone shots before July and they cleared up a rash I had on my back a few times. They last about 8 weeks.

watdaflock?

So, I searched the forums and found a little on this topic, but really surprised it's not discussed more often.

Alot of us on preload are finding what looks like heat rash just above the sock line. Which is odd, cause you would think it would be where the socks actually touch the skin, not above it. As I am doing driver helper this week for Amazon Prime stuff on top of my regular preload duties, any tips on getting it under control?

Special socks maybe? Apply certain types of powder throughout the day? Lotions? Our managers are stumped even though they get it as well.
Or a foot/shoe expert like @Austin.Was.My.Hero .

You're right oldnbald, I may be able to help.

Cotton socks are bad. Don't wear them in the summer, especially. Pick up a quality pair of merino wool socks or liners.
SmartWool is a common brand or spend a bit more for Darn Tough but they are worth it. Darn Tough brand socks also have an unconditional lifetime warranty.