Received Our Stimulus Checks. What Are You Gonna Do?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Depending on your attitude you can look at this as a blessing in disguise.

we have also worked on our 3 vehicles making sure they are ready for the summer.

cleaned out the house of all unnecessary things. either set them on the curb for free or a future dump run.

cleaned out the shed and garage and did the same thing ( free or dump )

started yard work where the snow has melted off.

going to repaint kitchen cabinets

have done more walking with dogs.

oldngray

nowhere special
In recent days, social media posts have falsely claimed there’s one catch to this money -- that you’ll eventually have to pay it back.

The U.S. Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service, which are working to deliver the money to people, confirmed to The Associated Press that households will not have to pay back the money in next year’s tax filing.

“This is not an advance and there is absolutely no obligation to pay it back,” Treasury spokeswoman Patricia McLaughlin said in an email.
Coronavirus relief checks won’t have to be repaid, feds say

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If only you hadn't taken all of those short cuts in the years at work. You actually might of had a house instead of a town house.

I had a house. I sold it for a very nice profit when I retired. I moved to be closer to my children and grandchildren and wanted nothing to do with home ownership. I rent a very nice townhouse (1,300 s/friend) The boys cut the grass and shovel the sidewalk.

Not that this is any of your :censored2: business.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I had a house. I sold it for a very nice profit when I retired. I moved to be closer to my children and grandchildren and wanted nothing to do with home ownership. I rent a very nice townhouse (1,300 s/friend) The boys cut the grass and shovel the sidewalk.

Not that this is any of your :censored2: business.
Why do you tell this info to the world then?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
on my DD the stimulus check was listed as a "Tax credit "

anyone who believes we don't have to pay this back is freakin NUTS.

we will pay this back one way or the other. you'll get it up the keister without ever knowing .

everyone in the world will be paying for this crisis in many different ways. sofar we have not been impacted due to being retired but I am not so naive that I think this is not going to cost us .

future tax increases , state and federal , future consumer price increases for goods , services , healthcare and everything under the sun . do you really think corporations are gonna take a hit on this? maybe short term but longterm they will make out from all of us.

This crisis ( like 9/11 ) will be another power grab , money maker , and game changer for government and corporations.

Plus we will all lose more rights like we did after 9/11 ( for our own good )

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
We received our stimulus checks this morning by direct deposit.

Not sure what we are gonna do with it. Maybe support some local businesses.
My wife is going to give some to her relatives that are struggling during the COVID-19 crisis.
I am giving tips to several of my 'music' friends that are busking online.
I'm up to $600 donated so far.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
In recent days, social media posts have falsely claimed there’s one catch to this money -- that you’ll eventually have to pay it back.

The U.S. Treasury Department and Internal Revenue Service, which are working to deliver the money to people, confirmed to The Associated Press that households will not have to pay back the money in next year’s tax filing.

“This is not an advance and there is absolutely no obligation to pay it back,” Treasury spokeswoman Patricia McLaughlin said in an email.
That's misleading.
It's based on your 2020 income but distributed based on your 2019 income.

My income is going up and I can pretty much guarantee you they're going to ask for the overpayment back at tax time.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

Who do think is going to pay for this? Us and future taxpayers. Unless you believe money grows on trees.
upload_2020-4-15_19-39-57.jpeg