Recent leave of absence difficulties

manymikeoh8

Hey all,

I work as a PT preloader and recently told my supervisor that I had alcohol/substance abuse issues. I got myself into a detox and am back at work, however I'm concerned about the number of absences while I was away.

It took a little while for me to find a bed at a detox, because I was adamant about going to a hospital based detox facility, however all the beds were full. This went on for about a week. I did not work during this stretch and was on the verge of a nervous breakdown, I finally went to a regular detox facility and have paperwork to verify those absences, but don't have anything that could cover me for the week of calling in asking if beds were available at a hospital based facility.

Today was my first day back at work and it went well, but my concern is if I don't get that week covered and have all of those absences it would prevent me from either trying to become a preload supervisor or qualifying as a 22.4. I'm also not sure if this puts my job at risk. I'm trying to be here for the long haul.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hey all,

I work as a PT preloader and recently told my supervisor that I had alcohol/substance abuse issues. I got myself into a detox and am back at work, however I'm concerned about the number of absences while I was away.

It took a little while for me to find a bed at a detox, because I was adamant about going to a hospital based detox facility, however all the beds were full. This went on for about a week. I did not work during this stretch and was on the verge of a nervous breakdown, I finally went to a regular detox facility and have paperwork to verify those absences, but don't have anything that could cover me for the week of calling in asking if beds were available at a hospital based facility.

Today was my first day back at work and it went well, but my concern is if I don't get that week covered and have all of those absences it would prevent me from either trying to become a preload supervisor or qualifying as a 22.4. I'm also not sure if this puts my job at risk. I'm trying to be here for the long haul.
Hold up cowboy
See if you can preload without relapsing before you start taking on more responsibility

Not bullying Jes keepin it realz

Shorts365

Not saying it’s fair, but they’re not gonna let you be a supervisor.

Depending on the your supplement, they have x amount of days to discipline you for an absence related issue, after which you’re off the hook. As long as employed, you’re eligible to become a 22.4.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Hey all,

You will be watched.

Bald1der

Does it even count as an absence? 15 years or so ago, I did this and it was paid and covered under short term disability. With substance abuse they have to be ADA/ HIPPA compliant and the reasons for your leave have to be under wraps.

But yeah, as these guys are saying, take things one day at a time, and put first things first. Just cuz you've physically detoxed doesn't mean you're ready to take on the world. Look into a community in your area and put some time and work into being sober before you take on a more stressful situation.

GameCockFan

Hey all,

That's just not how it works. Where's the SAP in this?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I'm surprised no one has told him, and he didn't know about the Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Is that what the SAP is? He had to have been made aware of it.