Recently Terminated--NEED Help

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Holy crap, The Other Side and I are in complete agreement.

LOL,
Thats the same thing I thought. The Other Side put it eloquently. The shipper paid UPS top dollar to deliver it on time. That was "too inconvieneant" for you to do, so you ignored that GPS going off and failed to do the job that you are paid good money to do. We don't need drivers like this, I hope he learned some integrity that he can take to his next job.

upsman68

hi i was hoping somebody would be able to let me know where i stand. I was fired about 7 business days ago.
heres where you stand: You are terminated for dishonesty. Of all the topics on this board you should have read, i posted one when this contract was being ratified that explained just this scenario. Of all the training you recieved over the 3.5 years driving, where were you instructed to sheet anything away from the delivery point or sheet as closed or ni1 to avoid a 1030am commit time? Only an idiot would believe that he/she could circumvent the system designed to catch such dishonesty.

i had scanned packages away from their delivery points and sheeted them ni, or cl.
ok, you admit to falsifying records and "defrauding" the company and customer out of a legitimate delivery attempt. You continue to maintain that you were "helping out" the customers you service, but what you fail to realize is that you were not cheating the delivery customer, but the shipping customer who paid for the service.

most of the time it was with nda.
of course it was, however, i am sure you do it with many other deliveries that you just dont want to service, like apartments, business you cant make by 5pm or stingers. I am sure your sheets are as dirty as a pig in chhit. Once again, guys like you need to be removed from service as you make it tough on other drivers to come in after you and clean up your smokers the next day.

then i would bring the packages by some time later that day. I was doing this for a while. I knew it was wrong but i didn't think i'd get fired for it with no warning or write up.
you are a class "a" idiot. When they give a sheeting class, under the "do not do" section, they should have your photo. Why would the company need to give you a warning letter or a write up for a cardinal offense? You pulled the trigger on yourself.

eventually some shipper complainned,
exactly...the one who paid for the service you decided to cheat them out of. i can only wonder how many claims for refunds you cost the company.

and loss prevention gps'd a bunch of my deliveries. I admitted everything and explainned to them that anytime i did it, it was understood with the customer.
the customer? Not the shipper, you obviously dont know the difference.
but they didn't care-
why should they? You didnt care enough to do the job correctly in the first place, why should they show you consideration when you were not willing to show the shipper customer the consideration of giving them what they paid for?

i knew i was wrong but never thought i would lose everything for it.
again, you demonstrate you dont have the integrity for the driving job. Because of drivers like you, the company has to create more technology that complicates the delivery process further. Guys like you are the reason gps was created for the delivery drivers in the first place.

does anyone know what the chances of me getting my job back are??
thanks
this depends on how "dirty" you are. If your sheets are loaded with "false" recordings for months, then you will be unsuccessful in returning to work. If this was a "one time" event then you would be in better shape, but according to you, you thought you "covered" all the bases with your recieving customers and this demonstrates you are capable of deception and therefore are dishonest and without any integrity.

panel should dismiss your case and uphold your term.

note:
i wish people on this board would stop encouraging dishonest employees to fight for there jobs.

if they would only do the job correctly in the first place as we are trained, then there would be no reason to "fight" for a job.

if you want to give them any advice, rather than encourage them to "fight" tell them to beg instead. This will save everyone alot of time, effort and energy.

this particular driver is a dishonest person with zero integrity. He makes it tougher on you all with his actions.

he isnt the only one doing this type of action. There are many others and they too will be caught one day.

if this driver was too stupid to realize that he was cheating the system and eventuallty would be fired for his actions, then he deserves to be on the street.

i have no sympathy for him.

:peaceful:

you are a little harsh on the guy.
You must have a bad life.
I feel sorry for you.

Bryishre

ktm atv racer
LOL,
Thats the same thing I thought. The Other Side put it eloquently. The shipper paid UPS top dollar to deliver it on time. That was "too inconvieneant" for you to do, so you ignored that GPS going off and failed to do the job that you are paid good money to do. We don't need drivers like this, I hope he learned some integrity that he can take to his next job.
I agree with all of you. He should not get his job back. But who paid for the shipping the shipper or the customer. Lol Had to throw a curve ball.

klein

Für Meno :)
Well, one thing I would like to know is this :
Was he always the last one in ?
Or did he have enough time in the day to do it right ?

Because, that makes a huge difference.
If they force so much work upon you, that you have to do "tricks" or skip lunch, just to get the job done.
Then, I'm leaning on his side.

But, if he cheated, just to get home earlier as anyone else... then that's his problem, and he'll have to pay for that now.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
you are a little harsh on the guy.
You must have a bad life.
I feel sorry for you.

I dont have a bad life, I just see thru the B.S. and leave my emotions at the door. You should try it.

I dont get emotionally involved in cases like these, but I see many on this board tend to let emotion dictate actions.

Harsh?

Reality isnt harsh, making an example out of this guy so guys like you dont replicate his actions is my point.

Maybe thru the sheer uglyness of my post, someone will think TWICE before trying the same action, or maybe starting tomorrow, someone will change a bad "learned behavior" and keep his/her job.

Everyone needs to learn from this driver and learn that technology CAN come back and bite you in the rear when you least expect it.

In his case, he KNEW it was wrong, he KNEW he was on GPS, He knew he was doing this with many deliveries, mostly NDA but others as well (by his own admission) and he KNEW if he got caught there would be consequences to face.

He tries to "come clean" and admit to the wrongdoing, and that alone is NOT enough to insure he will turn into a decent driver in the future.

As someone else stated " he would return and go back to the same bad habits".

I would ask you or anyone to get the "bigger picture" on this driver. The level of dishonesty and lack of integrity would suggest that he is doing other things that would be against company policy, like signing for packages, or even stealing...

A false recording leads to further investigation.

A good deep look into his sheeting practices over the year could very well lead to bigger discoveries.

However, why bother. He committed a "Cardinal Sin", he was removed and lets leave it like that. Better for him.

From his own "cavalier" explanation, I can tell that his sheets are dirty as heck.

You dont get sympathy for bad judgement. Sorry.

He KNEW this would happen, and it did.

:peaceful:

UPSSOCKS

Geez, you're making it too easy. I like challanges but this is like bringing a stick to a gunfight and you got the stick!

Go do yer little jabs on here but I like to match wit's with somebody that's got some ammunition and you...uh...well...bye.....

Oh, and threaten some more. That'll always work, AGAIN!!!

Keep it up, your actions and responses just cost a part time sup thirty minutes of hard labor. In fact I am going to layoff low seniorities and bring the free help in. My DM would like to thank you for help raising our production and lowering our costs.

P

pickup

Keep it up, your actions and responses just cost a part time sup thirty minutes of hard labor. In fact I am going to layoff low seniorities and bring the free help in. My DM would like to thank you for help raising our production and lowering our costs.

I would be willing to bet that upssocks was once indeed a supervisor(for he seems to know the inside stuff) but the emphasis is on "was". He was probably one of those overbearing pricks who went too far in his arrogrance and was then shown the gate. As he was shown the gate, he probably saw the grins on all the faces of the people who once had to answer to and put up with him. Rather than acknowledge that it was his hubris that caused the firing, he blamed it on all those grinning faces(of which some may have helped speed along his demise). So now he is here pretending to still be a supervisor as he collects his unemployment checks.

How close to the mark did I hit, Upssocks?

nobber

I have been in LP/Security for the last 20 yrs. Recently had 2 cases the same as yours. Both were terminated. 1 got their job back the other didn't. The one that got the job back told the truth and pled for mercy, the one that didn't, lied till the end.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I have been in LP/Security for the last 20 yrs. Recently had 2 cases the same as yours. Both were terminated. 1 got their job back the other didn't. The one that got the job back told the truth and pled for mercy, the one that didn't, lied till the end.

Nobber is right, I have been to merw than a few panels, the ones that try yo hide stuff always end up getting found out at the panels and never come back. Best you can hope for here is reduced to time served as a suspension and come back to work. You are going to have to convince both the Union side and the company side that you will never be dishonest again. The only way to do that is to be 100% honest with them and be humble!!

Good luck. I say you have about a 50/50 shot!!

Let us know what comes of this!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Well, one thing I would like to know is this :
Was he always the last one in ?
Or did he have enough time in the day to do it right ?

Because, that makes a huge difference.
If they force so much work upon you, that you have to do "tricks" or skip lunch, just to get the job done.
Then, I'm leaning on his side.

But, if he cheated, just to get home earlier as anyone else... then that's his problem, and he'll have to pay for that now.
That makes absolutely no difference what so ever. The company does NOT make ANYONE falsify their records. Drivers do it to themselves. I do not have to do 'tricks' to get my job done. I may choose to cut corners here and there but it is MY choice.

Does the company intimidate and coerce? HELL YA! Every chance they get. Did this driver cheat because of it? Maybe, maybe not. But he had the choice, not anyone else. This is all a matter of personal ethics. We all know the company doesn't have any ethics. That doesn't mean we have to allow them to take ours away from us.

UPSSOCKS

I would be willing to bet that upssocks was once indeed a supervisor(for he seems to know the inside stuff) but the emphasis is on "was". He was probably one of those overbearing pricks who went too far in his arrogrance and was then shown the gate. As he was shown the gate, he probably saw the grins on all the faces of the people who once had to answer to and put up with him. Rather than acknowledge that it was his hubris that caused the firing, he blamed it on all those grinning faces(of which some may have helped speed along his demise). So now he is here pretending to still be a supervisor as he collects his unemployment checks.

How close to the mark did I hit, Upssocks?

Right on the money.... What district do you work in? I'll PM you things about you building a day before they are annouced to the public eye.... I can gurantee I still work there. Think what you want though, I am just here for kicks... Not friends or rep points...

raceanoncr

Right on the money.... What district do you work in? I'll PM you things about you building a day before they are annouced to the public eye.... I can gurantee I still work there. Think what you want though, I am just here for kicks... Not friends or rep points...

"Just here for kicks"? For once, you are right. It sure ain't for spelling kudos, is it?

It's obvious, you're a real wizard!

tourists24

"Just here for kicks"? For once, you are right. It sure ain't for spelling kudos, is it?

It's obvious, you're a real wizard!
cmon race,,, cut socks some slack.... did you see his quote.... he likes part time sups doing union work.... to me, it's easy money for watching the boss do the work. He wants to work and me get paid for it, more power to him

raceanoncr

cmon race,,, cut socks some slack.... did you see his quote.... he likes part time sups doing union work.... to me, it's easy money for watching the boss do the work. He wants to work and me get paid for it, more power to him

Yeah, tourists, I should have "amembered" that. I make so much more money then the supes and mgrs anyway that the "free" stuff just for watching escaped me.

surviv'n_it

I follow everything by the book. I have a couple business' that open in the afternoon that often get the 1030 nda shipments. Even though I know they are closed, I still drive into their parking lot, make sure no one is there, and sheet it up there, with the green target on the board. I know they are closed, the owners tell me to not even bother showing up in the mornings as they will never be there, but I still go anyways.

Better safe than sorry.