Record Snow

Delivered

At PCM we were told warning letters would be issued if anyone had an accident today when we were getting a record snow fall. Later we got this message across the diad. After that I returned to the building and sheeted everything else up Emergency Conditions. What do you guys think, it's almost not even worth making an effort for this company anymore.
diad.jpg

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
The company at their finest ! The management people that came up with that are wasted in their position. They should be performing brain surgery at a teaching hospital.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Oh My why am I not suprised.
Its a big secret, the main roads are better than the side streets. Want to know what a good job we do, go look at some of the disasters we avoid. No credit for anything. Yea, I know we get paid to be professional, I get that. Instead of waiting to catch us in a nano second, not holding the wheel at 10 and 2, Or using the handrail which at this moment we dont need, we actually have to step UP from the step to exit the vehicle, or forgetting to put the 4 ways on AT A DOCK, or doing an uneccesary back, because the freaking pile of snow was wider than we thought. How about a commendation for bringing it in every night, safely.
Piles of snow 5 ft high, people walking in the street, disaster on every corner, late air, heavy loads, buttholes parked in the road, docks unplowed, steps with 3 ft of snow. Kids have barely had school the last 12 days, throw in a holiday, sled riding in the road. It is a nightmare, yet they beat us daily.
I got to have dinner at 915 tonight. Which is fine, but how about a sincere thank you, instead of just slave driving mentality.
It will never change, Im glad im on the downhill slide, I sure wouldnt want to be joining UPS right now. It aint no longer fun. And it could be. It used to be, they ruined it.

rod

Retired 22 years
I think I would of gone to the nearest coffee shop- shut the truck off and told the desk driver who sent that to come and get me.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes aint that a darn shame. While I agree, we have to use extra caution, does it really help at 230 to threaten us? Many of us are working in unfamiliar weather, and those of us who are familiar, it is trying. What good does the threat do?
We should all show unity and file mental stress charges, not through the union, through the legal system.

705red

Browncafe Steward
We are only as giood as our management team! I to will except the unexpected!

We have many good management people in this company and its the few that ruin it for all of them. I would file a harassment grievance! I would!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
At PCM we were told warning letters would be issued if anyone had an accident today when we were getting a record snow fall

We were usually told to not take unnessisary chances. But of course, there is no way to actually deliver without taking chances. And to walk off stops in many places would be more dangerous than driving there.

Text Message

Bad weather, slick surfaces are not
responsible for accidents, drivers are.
EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED!

Press BIG UP to Return

14:21
The analysis of the OMS that sent this message was gravely mistaken. Slick surfaces are tough to predict, and once on one, there is actually very little the driver can do. Black Ice is a good example.

While a safety message and urging to be safe on a snowy day, this type of harrassment is really not something that brings positive results.

While ultimately the driver is responsible for the safe movement of the vehicle, the management team was the force that decided to dispatch the drivers into the storm. The problem lies with the armchair experts, because they get to decide whether your accident is avoidable or not.

d

over9five

Staff member
I would like to add that that message makes me sick. What kind of a complete FOOL authorized that message? The center manager in that center just lost any small amount of respect he might have had.
Any driver worth his salt in that center will take the center manager aside and have some words with him.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
If there was no snowstorm you probably would get a warning letter if you had an accident(seems to be the trend at my building) so this is just an empty threat. All their empty threat does is cements the fact that there is zero professionalism in package center management. They sure do know how to send you off on a positive note don't they?

W

westsideworma

At PCM we were told warning letters would be issued if anyone had an accident today when we were getting a record snow fall. Later we got this message across the diad. After that I returned to the building and sheeted everything else up Emergency Conditions. What do you guys think, it's almost not even worth making an effort for this company anymore.

wow if that isn't a morale builder I don't know what is...nothing this company does or says surprises me anymore

W

westsideworma

While ultimately the driver is responsible for the safe movement of the vehicle, the management team was the force that decided to dispatch the drivers into the storm. The problem lies with the armchair experts, because they get to decide whether your accident is avoidable or not.

d

Come on you punched in, whatever happens while on the clock is clearly your fault. :wink2:

Black ice you say? you must have planted it there. I can smell ice a mile away, all of us management people that have never been a FT driver but know how to send text messages can. :smart: