Recording Phone Calls with Management

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Cool but if I as a labor manager I'd ask you if you were on break when you were taking pictures of messages. If your say no we'd have problems depending on the circumstances. I've seen it happen. I'm sure you are the kinda guy that can sit out and wait for months without pay but most can't. Some will say they can but in the real world balls shrivel up quite quick.
I can sit out as long as they like and I won't loose a dime.

Returntosender

The company overreaches with the contractual language regarding "recording devices".
In my opinion, that language is intended to protect the company from employees recording information or images that could be considered "proprietary".
quote] They have National Geographic videos of worldport operation, and UPS own recruiting videos show the operation for the position needed.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
^^^^

They were "healthy" back then.... :biggrin:

1199pv5.jpg

-Bug-

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
1) If you're in a one party consent state it is legal.
2) It being legal means jack :censored2: for you.

It's a huge deal to record management without their knowledge/consent in any company, including ours. One of my previous jobs in another life was with a different fortune 100 company (also strong union) where a few guys taped a voice activated tape recorder under a manager's chair. The tape failed and the recorder fell on the ground. Security came in and fingerprinted people and those 3 guys lost their jobs. The "ringleader" didn't get his job back. The union got the other two who were along for the ride their jobs back after 60 day suspensions with no backpay.