Refused to sign

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
years ago, I actually sheeted up a package once as NR1 that was a 3 day select. I was questioned why and said I wasn't ready to deliver it. My boss chuckled and said, that's not why that means and mentioned that it was a 3 day select. I said, Yeah, I selected not t deliver it. He shook his head and walked away.
I love it! :happy-very:

Johney

Hopefully the stop is a 15 minute chaser. NI1,NI2,NI3. Then forget to take it off car so it rides a fourth day. So it's NI3 again on the fourth day and 45 dollars of overtime in the drivers pocket. For one stop? That's not bad. And good service too. Don't forget to leave those yellows!
In our building if you don't pull your clerk packages(NI3,Refused,will call,ect.) you show up on a report and will be questioned the following day as to why you didn't pull your packages.

rod

Retired 22 years
Back in the "sheeting on paper" days we use to sheet misloaded rural deliveries as---WL 1. (Won't locate 1). Management was death on preloaders for misloads so to keep the heat off them we used WL 1 instead of writing "misloaded" or "off area" on the package. We educated the preloaders the next morning. I don't recall anyone ever getting in trouble for doing that. I have the feeling management ignored it because it made the centers numbers look better . Come to think of it there was a lot of "creative" sheeting back then.:happy2:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This is how I see it. If there is an ADULT at the house which there was and they refuse to sign for a package for that address then they are refusing the package. The 3 delivery attempt is when nobody is home or when your need a adult to sig for a package and only a child is home.

It was a single family house in a nice neighborhood of signal family homes and there was more than one adult there at the time. He asked if I could just leave the package and I said no the shipper wants a sig he said that he wouldn't sign and I would have to come back a different day.

I get paid to deliver packages not to play stupid games. All I needed was a sig from anyone at that address but nobody wanted to sign I call that refusing the package.

You dont refuse packages, customers do. If he says come back Thursday, then come back Thursday. It's just another stop on another day. Who cares if it's the same one.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Any time I am faced with a dilemma like this I send a DIAD message back to center describing the situation and asking them how to handle it. Then I have them print a hard copy of our DIAD message conversation for my records. I got tired of every decision I made being second-guessed and scrutinized so I quit making them.

We see every day how great the decisions in the office turn out. I'll handle things on my own.

CRASH501

What would you do? I had a package for a Resi stop that was sign req by the shipper. A man answered the door and but said he wouldn't sign for the package I need to come back another day for someone else to sign for it. Would you sheet the package refused or Ni1.
Normally refused, But what was his reasoning?